MG sales soar 139% year-on-year thanks to the ZS smashing its monthly volume record by 58%. The Chinese new vehicle market continues on its downward spiral with December marking the 6th consecutive year-on-year decline and the second double-digit drop in a row at -13% to 2.661.500 wholesales deliveries (ex-factory shipments) vs. 3.060.300 a year ago in December 2017. Passenger cars freefall 15.8% to 2.233.100 while commercial vehicles remove some of the edge of this ghastly fall thanks to a +5.2% uptick to 428.400 units. 2018 ends on a -2.8% drop to 28.080.600 units, the first decline since 1990 which we detail in a separate Full Year 2018 post. In the detail of passenger cars, sedans and hatchbacks drop 14.3% to 1.028.500, SUVs skid down even faster at -16.3% to 981.600, MPVs decline 22.8% to 176.200 and microvans recede 9.7% to 46.800. Again new energy vehicles (EVs and PHEVs) are now the sole outpost of growth in China with wholesales up 38.5% to 225.000 units including 193.000 EVs and 32.000 PHEVs. As it has been the case throughout the second half of the year, Chinese brands have been hit particularly hard by the market decline and this is true again in… Read full this story
- Spectrem’s Investor Confidence Indices Plummet to Lowest Levels in Years in Wake of December Stock Market Decline
- 5 free things to do in Philly this month, December 2018
- OMA reports a 9.4% increase in December 2018 passenger traffic and a 9.7% increase for the full year 2018
- MarketAxess Announces Monthly Volume Statistics for December 2018
- Mereo BioPharma to Present at The BMO Prescriptions for Success Healthcare Conference on 12 December 2018
- On4 Communications, Inc. Announces Update To Shareholders December 2018
- The 25 Best Concerts in Phoenix in December 2018
- Wall Street Hits New 2018 Lows as Stock Market Decline Continues
- Ex-Fed Chair Alan Greenspan Warns of Stock Market Decline, Tells Investors to 'Run for Cover'
- 5 free things to do in Boston this month, December 2018
China December 2018: Nissan (+6%), MG (+139%) break records, Toyota, Haval, BYD gallop ahead in 6th consecutive market decline (-13%) have 303 words, post on bestsellingcarsblog.com at January 17, 2019. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.