Tottenham could face another delay in the opening of their new stadium. Mauricio Pochettino’s men had hoped to move into the 62,000 capacity stadium for the start of this season but construction issues have kept them at Wembley to date. The clash with Manchester United on January 13 is the latest proposed date to stage the first home match. But they have hit further problems as the club must host test events to gain safety certificates before opening, reports the Times. Spurs will invite around 6,000 fans to the stadium this weekend for a special tour but larger events are needed. And that has put the clash with United in doubt with Spurs struggling to organise further tests around Christmas. They had looked to stage an event on December 30 but there is a shortage of staff and police due to the festive period and Chelsea playing Crystal Palace the same day. January 6 had also been earmarked as another testing date but it is reported plans are being changed. Spurs’ next Premier League home matches after United are against Watford on Wednesday January 30 and against Newcastle on February 2. Should they fail to stage those fixture, Spurs do… Read full this story
- James Bond movie 'No Time to Die' faces delay for the third time
- IRS Delays Opening of Tax Season, but What About the April 15 Deadline?
- Stars finally set for delayed opener after COVID positives
- Russia opens new criminal probe against Alexei Navalny
- England opens new mass vaccination sites
- EPL PIX: Eriksen's late goal secures precious win for Tottenham
- Now schools face a 'postcode lottery' for reopening - as top medic Dr Jenny Harries warns it is 'likely' they will return at different times and hints they WILL remain closed until after Easter
- Requiem for the High Street: Retail industry faces 200,000 job cuts this year after 320 shops closed every week in 2020 - while Nike, Gap and Vans are latest flagship stores set to leave Oxford Street
- India vs England: BCCI mulling to allow fans at Motera Stadium during T20I series, hints board official
- Full Transcript: Dr. Deborah Birx on "Face the Nation," January 24, 2021
Why Tottenham face yet another delay in opening of new stadium have 343 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 11, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.