Media reports said the suspected use of a pepper spray-like substance sparked the chaos at the venue in the town of Corinaldo, near Ancona in central Italy. “The cause may have been the dispersal of a stinging substance, the young people fled and trampled over each other. Sadly, six people died and dozens are injured,” the fire service said in a statement on Twitter. The victims include five people under the age of 18 — three girls and two boys – and an adult woman who accompanied her daughter to the concert. Local fire chief Dino Poggiali said that 14 of the injured were in a critical condition, and 40 less serious. As the crowd panicked, people ran for the three emergency exits, one of which led to a small bridge and the car park, according to a preliminary investigation. The force of the fleeing crowd made a railing collapse and dozens of people fell, crushing those below to death. ‘You can’t die like that! A pile of abandoned shoes testified to the chaos of the stampede, with survivors and the bereaved weeping outside the nightclub as emergency vehicles tended to the injured, local newspaper Ancona Today reported. “It can’t… Read full this story
- Second migrant rescue boat defies Salvini and docks in Italy
- 700 migrants feared dead in Mediterranean shipwreck
- Dead Rising 2 Walkthrough
- The voice of Red Dead: What happened to John Marston
- 'Dozens' feared dead after Italy bridge collapses
- Pokemon GO: Rare Pokemon Appearance Causes Stampede in Central Park
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men First Impressions
- Spot On: The Xbox 360's dirty dozen: Ready for battle?
- Eight Hands-on: Left 4 Dead Impressions
- Red Dead Online’s Parley and Feud system, explained
Six dead, dozens hurt in Italy nightclub stampede have 271 words, post on www.nationmultimedia.com at December 8, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.