A man has died after a lorry crash involving a pedestrian in Northolt.
Emergency services rushed to Priors Field at 7.30am on Tuesday (December 4) following reports of a serous collision.
Metropolitan Police officers and paramedics from the London Ambulance Service (LAS) attended and found there had been a collision involving a bin lorry and a male pedestrian.
“The male [no further details] was pronounced dead at the scene,” a spokesman for the Met said.
“The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene and is assisting police with their enquiries.”
No arrests have been made at this stage and temporary road closures are in effect.
Pictures taken at the scene show a police cordon which has been erected, with the bin lorry still in the road.
For the latest updates on this developing story follow our live blog below.
Where did the crash happen?
The lorry crashed into the pedestrian on Priors Field, in Northolt.
Priors Field is a small residential road which runs off Arnold Road.
What we know so far
Good morning and welcome to our live coverage of this tragic incident.
Here is what we know so far;
- A refuse lorry crashed into a pedestrian at just before 7.30am this morning
- Emergency services rushed to the scene but a man (no further details) was pronounced dead
- The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene and is assisting police with their enquiries
- No one has been arrested. Road closures are in place
We will bring you more details as we get them.
- Man dies in crash involving police car and ambulance
- Police investigate after man dies following crash
- Man dies after crashing into vacant house
- Police name man killed in crash involving lorry in Putney
- Man dies in crash that closed M4 for five hours
- 64-year-old man dies after crash which closed road for five hours
- Murder arrests after man dies following crash at Forest Park and Ride
- Peterborough man charged after crash involving stolen car
- Man dies following crash between cyclist and lorry on A134 near Sudbury