This is the shocking moment a thug in a stolen car runs over a police officer twice.
Pc Nina Foran, a response officer based in Bury, miraculously escaped serious injury, suffering only cuts and bruises after the attack, reports the Manchester Evening News .
Her bodycam footage, and CCTV of the incident in Prestwich, greater Manchester, has been released by cops as driver Rehan Baluch, who told a judge to ‘f*** himself’ after being sent down, was caged for seven years.
Drunk on Jack Daniels, Baluch had also taken cannabis and inhaled gas on the night of the shocking attack.
Police bosses said it was ‘sheer luck’ that no one was seriously injured or killed.
Baluch, 32, and his passenger at the time Saqib Kader, 27, viciously attacked a fast-food delivery driver on Kersal Road in Prestwich, hitting and kicking him before driving away in his car, a Nissan Micra, in May, police said.
A team of officers including Pc Foran arrived at the scene and were speaking to the victim when the car suddenly returned.
The CCTV and her bodycam footage graphically captures what happened next.
Penned in by a police van, the Micra reverses at speed without warning after Pc Foran tells driver Baluch to get out.
She’s dragged along in front of the car door and thrown in between a van and a parked car, along with a member of the public behind her. He went on to be treated for cuts and bruises.
The car door is almost ripped off in the collision but as officers give chase, it is driven forward again at speed, with the door knocking Pc Foran off her feet again.
Her screams can be heard on the bodycam footage.
Baluch then collided with several parked cars and the police van, before he drove off towards Rainsough Brow. The Micra was found abandoned on Carlyle Close in Cheetham Hill. Police made arrests the following day.
Baluch, of no fixed address, was jailed on Monday for seven years.
He pleaded guilty at Manchester’s Minshull Street Crown Court to dangerous driving, driving whilst disqualified, aggravated taking of a motor vehicle without consent, assault and attempted section 18 assault.
The charges also relate to a previous incident on Alderglen Road in Cheetham Hill in May, where police said Baluch drove a vehicle at an officer, causing him to jump out of the way to avoid being run over.
Saqib Kader, of Farraday Avenue, Cheetham Hill, was sat in the passenger seat during the May incident.
He was jailed for 12 months, and disqualified from driving for a year, after he pleaded guilty at the same court to aggravated vehicle taking.
Detective Constable Keith Holt said: “This was completely reckless behaviour by Baluch and Kader and they showed absolutely no regard for the officers or pedestrians involved.
“The manner in which Baluch acted was careless beyond belief, and it is only down to sheer luck that more people weren’t injured. Officers put themselves on the line to protect our streets, but they should never be subjected to something like this.
“Baluch has shown no remorse for his actions, but following today’s result he will now have to spend the next seven years in prison facing up to what he has done.”
Passing sentence on Baluch, Judge Richard Mansell QC said: “Your principle intention was to evade the police. You used your vehicle quite deliberately as a weapon.
He described the attack on the pizza delivery driver as ‘indiscriminate’, on ‘someone who was simply going about his business’.
“When in a drink and drug fuelled state, you are capable of serious violence towards random members of the public,” Judge Mansell added.
Baluch was declared a ‘dangerous’ offender, and ordered to serve an extended sentence of five years on licence, in addition to the seven year custodial sentence.
Top news stories today
- Insane Bodycam Footage Shows Police Recovering Newborn
- Bodycam footage shows YouTube shooter speaking to police just hours before HQ rampage
- "Officer shot. Officer shot. Officer shot": Dramatic video shows shooting of Portsmouth police officer
- Scariest horror movies and shows on Netflix – from Don’t Breathe and Veronica to The Open House and The Gallows
- WATCH: Chilling Bodycam Footage of Officers Talking to YouTube Shooter Before Her Attack
- She said she was sexually assaulted by a state trooper. His camera footage shows otherwise
- Three Police Officers Brutally Arrest And Taser Black High School Student (VIDEO)
- WATCH: Did This Police Officer Just Smack A Ten-Year-Old Boy?
- 3 more teens charged in death of Maryland police officer
- Surveillance Footage From Parkland High School Shows Police Standing Outside During Shooting
- Shocking Footage Shows 93-Year-Old Woman Arrested During Eviction
- Lawyers: Death of Baltimore Co. officer a ‘tragic accident’
- Georgia mother killed in retaliation shooting, police say
- Police bodycam shows the first moments after crash that killed Cleveland Browns player's girlfriend while they were changing a tire on side of a highway
- Scream Reboot Rumors Get Shot Down by Blumhouse
- The 25 scariest opening scenes in horror-movie history
- Ant McPartlin car crash video – what does it show, did he plead guilty to drink driving and die anyone get injured?
- Norfolk police have shot and killed twice as many people as any other agency in Virginia since 2010
Horror bodycam footage shows police officer screaming as she is run over twice have 861 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at December 10, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.