Tony Paul The Detroit News Published 6:41 PM EST Dec 5, 2018 In bringing back its women’s tennis program, Eastern Michigan also is bringing back its former women’s tennis coach. Jayson Wiseman has been re-hired by the university as it reinstates the program, per a court order. The program was eliminated in March amid university budget cuts, until a judge ruled the decision violated Title IX legislation. Eastern tennis will resume in the spring, but will not rejoin the Mid-American Conference until the following season. “My family and I are very excited to be back at EMU, working with the amazing staff and student-athletes, and rejoining the EMU athletics family,” Wiseman said in a statement released by the university. “I look forward to capitalizing on the improvement and success we had last season to build our program into a MAC championship caliber program.” Wiseman, a Ferris State graduate who is married with nine children, has declined interview requests, saying his focus is on getting the program ready to compete again. Athletic director Scott Wetherbee, who made the decision to eliminate women’s tennis and softball and men’s wrestling and swimming and diving, said in a statement: ”We are excited to welcome back… Read full this story
- Twitter is bringing back its Mac desktop app
- Injury-Dogged Maria Sharapova Commits To 2020 Tennis Return
- Italian Open: Rain Delays Roger Federer's Rome Return As Day Matches Cancelled
- Asian Games 2018: Leander Paes' Arrival Details Unknown To Men's Team Coach Zeeshan Ali
- Andy Murray To Make Grand Slam Return At Australian Open
- Leander Paes Set To Return With India's Davis Cup Tie Against Pakistan
- World Number One Naomi Osaka Splits With Coach Sascha Bajin
- Watch: Sania Mirza Returns To Tennis Court For First Time After Having Baby, Fans Call Her "Inspiration"
- Naomi Osaka Cites "Happiness" As Motive Behind Coaching Split
- Watch: Roger Federer Coaches Rafael Nadal At Laver Cup As Bjorn Borg Looks On In Epic Video
EMU tennis brings back former coach; return to MAC delayed until 2020 have 325 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at December 4, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.