The car was stopped in Ipswich because traffic officers said it had a “smell of cannabis”. Picture: NORFOLK AND SUFFOLK ROADS AND ARMED POLICING TEAM
A driver has been arrested after reportedly testing positive for both cannabis and cocaine in a roadside drug test.
Traffic officers stopped the silver car in Ipswich after they said they noticed a “smell of cannabis” coming from the vehicle on the evening of Monday, December 17.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team later Tweeted: “#RCRT stopped this car in #Ipswich due to a smell of cannabis coming from it and #arrested the driver after a positive @DrugWipeUK for both cannabis AND cocaine #fatal4.”
Suffolk police launched its Christmas drink and drug driving campaign on December 1.
Drivers will be breathalysed if stopped for a vehicle defect, their manner of driving, or following a collision.
Time slots are then reserved for magistrates to deal with those caught over the limit.
Mary Evans, Suffolk County Council’s highways chief, said: “This is a vital campaign aimed at those driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol over the Christmas period.”
- ‘Help find this scum’: Teenage girl left after stolen car smashes into her in Queensland crash
- Police: Wilkinsburg Man Killed In Officer-Involved Shooting Struck 7 Times After Firing 1 Round At Police
- 'We know if you've been naughty or nice': Bizarre moment police chase down fugitive on the streets of Sydney wearing SANTA HATS
- After Cajun Cannabis owner arrested, sheriff says idea he targeted the business is 'absurd'
- Drink driver loses new car hours after collecting it as police hand out hundreds of fines
- Venus Williams 'at fault' in fatal car crash, police say
- Australia's youngest killer goes on extraordinary crime spree before finally being stopped by police after a high speed chase in a stolen BMW
- Congress demands dismissal of Yogi Adityanath govt after Priyanka Gandhi 'manhandled' in UP, police deny charge
- Police: 1 killed, 3 hurt after stolen car crashes into tree
- Woman, 23, in bathrobe posts Snapchat video of herself in police chase
- Police looking for second driver after pedestrian killed in Adelaide's north
- Father, 37, cut his baby daughter's face when he smashed car window trying to stop his ex leaving with her after he blew £600,000 damages payout on 'drink, drugs and hangers-on'
- Suspect, 23, is arrested on kidnapping and domestic battery charges after police share horrifying Nest doorbell camera footage of 'him beating woman and dragging her back to his car'
- Two men stabbed, cars stolen in wild 24-hour crime spree
- Proud of you: Robert Vadra backs Priyanka Gandhi after Uttar Pradesh Police allegedly manhandles her
- Lee says he’ll veto legislation OKing rolling stops for cyclists
- Driver loses control and slams into a Melbourne tram stop leaving two passengers trapped inside the vehicle with broken bones
- Lewes crash: New Year's Eve diners hurt after car ploughs into Indian restaurant
Car ‘with smell of cannabis’ stopped by police have 457 words, post on www.eadt.co.uk at December 19, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.