An elite task force arrested three people on drug-related charges near Dunsmuir on Thursday and confiscated a drug lab, Siskiyou County Sheriff Jon Lopey said.
The Siskiyou Unified Major Investigation Team, called SUMIT, served a search warrant in the 30000 block of Crag View Drive and arrested Joseph Daniel Gordon, 45, Cody Edwin Kuntz, 32, and Jack Donald Wood, 56, the sheriff said.
Gordon had five felony warrants out for his arrest. Kuntz was on parole for assault with a deadly weapon and was arrested on weapons, drug and parole violations after officers said they found a large knife and drug paraphernalia.
Wood was arrested on suspicion of possessing methamphetamine for sale and being a felon in possession of ammunition after the task force found him with 14 grams of meth, authorities said.
Officers searching the residence found 17 pounds of processed marijuana and equipment used to make concentrated cannabis, including butane fuel canisters, the task force said.
Also seized in the raid were ammunition, a high-capacity rifle magazine, cell phones and a large amount of cash.
The search warrant for the home was issued following a routine traffic stop Oct. 21 when a Siskiyou County deputy pulled Wood over. Another deputy found 15 grams of suspected methamphetamine a large amount of cash, authorities said. Wood was arrested at the time on suspicion of possessing meth for sale.
A follow-up investigation led to the Thursday bust.
““This was a good piece of police work because two alert SCSO deputies turned an ordinary traffic stop into a major drug arrest,” Lopey said. “These deputies teamed with SUMIT and their follow-up investigation resulted in a successful search warrant operation that resulted in three felony arrests, which has made the community much safer.”
- The sting: an American drugs bust in west Africa
- The Biden family rap sheet: How Joe's relatives have been busted for drug possession, credit card theft, fights with the NYPD and multiple DUIs - but have never served time
- Florida deputy shoots man accused of beating pregnant woman
- Significant drug dealing network in Waikato disrupted, vehicles and jewellery restrained
- ISIS relying on child soldiers, drugged fighters as grip on Mosul slips
- 7 arrested for selling remdesivir at ₹30K
- India’s first ‘darknet’ narcotics operative held
- Teen in police sex scandal out of jail, returning to state
- California lake search for Naya Rivera is now a recovery mission as it's revealed she'd been visiting the beauty spot for years and considered it her 'sanctuary' despite its reputation for rip currents and being full of debris
- EXCLUSIVE: Naya Rivera's heartbroken ex-husband Ryan Dorsey comforts their four-year-old son Josey after he was found alone on a boat with the Glee star missing - as 100 police continue tragic search of lake
- 'We CANNOT lie about our history': Furious Boris swipes at Sadiq Khan for boarding over Churchill's statue as London Mayor says he will CARRY ON covering up the capital's monuments
- The Latest: Man shot during protest over New Mexico statue
- Nia Wilson murder trial: Defendant testifies he thought sisters kidnapped grandma
- Crazy currency: The more I report on Bitcoin, the weirder it gets
- Remains of Lori Vallow's son JJ, 7, and his sister Tylee, 17, are found at her husband Chad Daybell's home as his bail is set at $1million for 'concealing and destroying the bodies'
- American Death Cult
- 'Mama Boko Haram': one woman's extraordinary mission to rescue 'her boys' from terrorism
- Special Report: The quest to stop a 'Sugar Daddy' judge accused of preying on women
Siskiyou County deputies make 3 drug arrests, seize hash oil lab have 590 words, post on www.redding.com at November 3, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.