Competes with: Chevrolet Cruze, Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Nissan Sentra, Volkswagen Jetta Looks like: A so, so, so trunkdafied take on the new-for-2019 Corolla Hatchback Drivetrain: 139-horsepower, 1.8-liter four-cylinder with continuously variable automatic transmission or 169-hp, 2.0-liter four-cylinder with six-speed manual or CVT automatic Hits dealerships: Spring 2019 SUV dominance notwithstanding, compact non-luxury sedans and their hatchback or coupe offshoots still account for 1 in 10 new cars sold in America, by Automotive News’ tally. The class splinters into more than a dozen nameplates, but just two — the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla — account for more than a third of that group. Honda redesigned the Civic three years back, and now it’s Toyota’s turn: Witness the 2020 Corolla, a car brimming with new technology. Related: 2020 Toyota Corolla to Debut Thursday; 6 Things It Needs from the 2019 Corolla Hatch Of course, anyone who follows Toyota saw this coming a mile away. The Corolla Hatchback, introduced just eight months ago to replace the Scion-turned-Toyota Corolla iM, ushered in a new platform for the brand’s U.S. compact cars. The redesigned Corolla sedan adopts the same underpinnings, not to mention a great deal of styling and interior similarities. That’s just fine… Read full this story
- My First Car: Pinky the 1996 Toyota Corolla still perky despite sun-bleached paintwork
- The new Toyota Corolla's going upmarket
- Pricing and specifications announced for new Toyota Corolla hatch and estate
- 2020 Toyota Hybrids and EVs Get 10-Year, 150,000-Mile Battery Warranty
- Should I buy a Honda Civic or a Toyota Corolla?
- Toyota Corolla Saloon returning to UK to join hatch and estate in new range
- First Drive: How hybrids are driving the next generation of Corollas, due soon
- We're only scratching the surface with hybrids and it's too soon for Electric Vehicles, say Toyota engineers
- Brave Rosemary; BMW First deal; Corolla saloon; Mazda3 new era
- Toyota’s new hybrid car to be produced in Turkey: Minister
2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan Snags Hatch Looks, Leaves Powertrains have 319 words, post on www.cars.com at November 15, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.