Couldn’t go the distance on Game 1 of the World Series last night? The game, an 8-4 Red Sox victory over the Dodgers, started at 8:09 p.m. and lasted 3 hours and 52 minutes. Here are the finer points from a game filled with big plays. ■ Pitchers’ duel doesn’t materialize It was billed as a matchup of ace pitchers, but Boston’s Chris Sale and Los Angeles’s Clayton Kershaw both only pitched into the fifth inning, with neither lefty able to record an out in their final frame. It took Sale 91 pitches to get through four innings. His night was over after he walked Brian Dozier to open the fifth. The Red Sox got to Kershaw early in the bottom of the first. Los Angeles first baseman David Freese’s inability to field a foul pop-up allowed leadoff hitter Mookie Betts to stay alive, setting up a two-run first inning. Kershaw would depart in the bottom of the fifth inning after allowing the first two batters to get on base and throwing 79 pitches. The game was tied, 3-3, at the time. ■ Devers drives in game-winning run Some were surprised to see Rafael Devers in the lineup with Kershaw on the… Read full this story
- Zelda: Ocarina of Time at 20 – melancholy masterpiece changed games forever
- Red Dead Redemption 2 online is now available for EVERYONE - here's how to play
- Do we need Red Dead Redemption 2 when the first provided gaming's best moment?
- The Red Dead Redemption 2 wait is over – trailer coming this week
- Mel C transforms into a computer game avatar as she fights her rival with electric beams in tense brawl for her new music video Blame It On Me
- Red Dead Redemption 2 1.04 update: Patch fixes loading screen freeze bugs
- Picture books and video games: a backdoor into childhood
- Over the moon! Ex-footballer gets really excited about return of the Premier League next month as he tots up the number of games in a week
- What you need to know before PlayStation’s ‘The Future of Gaming’ event
- Game of Thrones stars: Where are they now
Revisiting the key plays in the Red Sox’ Game 1 win have 350 words, post on www.boston.com at October 24, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.