Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has admitted he did not expect this season to be so tough when he signed a new five-year contract in May. Since committing his future to the club, Pochettino has had to contend with a chaotic start to the season off the pitch. Spurs did not buy or sell a single player in the summer – a Premier League first – despite nine of Pochettino’s first-team squad only returning to training five days before their opening game at Newcastle, having competed in the final week of the World Cup. Meanwhile, club’s plans to move into their new stadium have been hit by indefinite delays, leaving them without a home, and Pochettino’s squad has suffered a spate of injuries – with Dele Alli, Jan Vertonghen and Danny Rose all missing for Wednesday’s Champions League group game against PSV Eindhoven. “When I signed my contract, I expected a tough period but it’s tougher than we believed,” Pochettino said at the Philips Stadium. “It’s difficult always to play with that feeling that you always play away from home. But that is the circumstance that we need to manage. “We are spending more time than we think [without a stadium]…. Read full this story
- Pochettino admits Tottenham have shown they are not mature enough
- Mauricio Pochettino defends Tottenham record and says club's glory days were in 'black and white'
- Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham's dramatic Champions League quarter-final victory over Manchester City has not sunk in
- North London derby: Unai Emery admits Tottenham Hotspur are better than Arsenal ahead of clash
- Pochettino amid Tottenham’s slump: “My players are heroes”
- Pochettino praises Tottenham: ‘We were better in all aspects’
- Mauricio Pochettino warns Tottenham to focus on 'special' result as Kyle Walker-Peters gets nod against Barcelona
- Mauricio Pochettino and Tottenham players have gut feeling they are stuck at Wembley for the season
- Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham Hotspur's focus should be on top four & not trophies
- Pochettino admits leaving Foyth out of Champions League squad was a mistake
Pochettino admits Tottenham's season is 'tougher than expected' have 332 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at October 23, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.