GARY Cohn used to be one of the most influential members of the Donald Trump’s presidential administration.
Here is a briefing on the man whose explosive claims have featured in Watergate journalist Bob Woodward’s new expose called Fear: Trump in the White House.
Who is Gary Cohn?
Cohn is a 58-year-old investment banker who was Trump’s White House economic guru from 2016 following the presidential elections.
He met the political firebrand at Trump Tower to discuss America’s mounting national debt.
Why did Gary Cohn quit the Donald Trump White House?
Cohn’s support of free trade clashed with Donald Trump’s decision to impose steep tariffs on steel and aluminium.
He reportedly sought to dissuade the President, fearing a damaging trade war with its rivals in the EU and Asia.
He resigned in April.
day that shook the world
Candid pics show George W Bush reacting to the full horror of 9/11
Man walks into cop station and pulls ‘cheating’ wife’s head out of a bag
Girl whose lip was BITTEN OFF by her mum dies a year after being adopted
Mac Miller’s ‘overdose’ death suspicions after home ‘scrubbed clean of drugs’
IN UNSAFE HANDS
These parenting fails will make you feel better about your own mistakes
Brit tourist dies after ‘overdosing on cocaine’ on Jet2 flight to Ibiza
What has Bob Woodward said about him in his new book?
Woodward’s book, entitled Fear, begins with an account of Gary Cohn, who claimed he sneaked into the Oval Office and swiped a draft letter from the president’s desk.
It was feared it would have ended a trade agreement with South Korea as well as jeopardising a vital intelligence programmes on the Korean peninsula.
Cohen is said to have pointed out that China sold 96.6 per cent of the antibiotics used in the US.
He asked Trump what he would tell mothers when their babies were dying of strep throat because the US does not produce penicillin.
Woodward claims Trump said: “We’ll buy from another country.”
Cohn responded by saying another country, such as Germany, would simply markup the price of the drugs in knowledge that the US was in a trade war with China.
He told Trump: “You’re just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.”
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
- Justice Department Drops Donald Trump-Era Lawsuit Against John Bolton Over Book Publication
- Donald Trump heralded ‘the dawn of a new Middle East.’ What happened?
- DOJ sought account information of top Trump White House lawyer: report
- ‘Fire And Fury’ Author Wolff Publishing Account Of Trump’s Final Months In White House
- President Donald Trump Will Not Attend White House Correspondents’ Dinner; Event Will Go On As Scheduled (Update)
- John Bolton Blasts Donald Trump In Newly Released ABC News Clip As Excerpts Of Book Emerge – Update
- Tim Scott sparks buzz in crowded field of White House hopefuls
- Donald Trump says he will be tested for coronavirus ‘fairly soon’
- Donald Trump Rejects Advice From Basically Everyone, Watches Solar Eclipse Without Glasses
- Joe Biden’s First 100 Days: Correspondents On Covering A White House Of More Discipline, Fewer Leaks
- The Political, Legal, and Moral Minefield That Donald Trump Left for Merrick Garland
- Anthony Fauci Is a Better Economist Than Donald Trump or Jared Kushner
- Donald Trump's four years in the White House: the highlights (and lowlights)
- H.R. McMaster Tries to Wish Away His Old Boss Donald Trump
- Donald Trump humiliation as claims ex-POTUS will publish ‘book of all books’ shut down
- White House: Trump won't meet Putin until next year
- The tectonic plates of Donald Trump's presidency appear to be shifting
- Joe Biden the Boring Radical Quietly Outshines Donald Trump the Predictable Showman
Who is Gary Cohn, why did he quit the Donald Trump White House and what has Bob Woodward said about him in his new book? have 668 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 11, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.