Honda’s Marc Marquez zoomed to the fastest lap in practice for the Aragon Grand Prix on Friday as the Spaniard seeks a fourth top-level victory on the track.
The reigning world champion, who has a massive 67-point lead in this year’s title race, powered around the anti-clockwise Aragon Motorland track in 1min 47.382sec.
Marquez is known to love the track, on which turn No.10 was officially named as ‘the Marc Marquez corner’ last week.
Ducati have won the last two Grands Prix and the Italian team’s pair of Jorge Lorenzo and Andrea Dovizioso were right behind their rival in second and third.
Briton Cal Crutchlow, on a Honda, and Suzuki rider Andrea Iannone were fourth and fifth, around half a second slower.
Top 10 combined times:
1. Marc Marquez (ESP/Honda) 1min 47.382sec, 2. Jorge Lorenzo (ESP/Ducati) at 0.138, 3. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA/Ducati) 0.453, 4. Cal Crutchlow (GBR/LCR Honda) 0.480, 5. Andrea Iannone (ITA/Suzuki) 0.537, 6. Danilo Petrucci (ITA/Ducati Pramac) 0.752, 7. Dani Pedrosa (ESP/Honda) 1.007, 8. Alvaro Bautista (ESP/Ducati Angel Nieto) 1.070, 9. Valentino Rossi (ITA/Yamaha) 1.119, 10. Maverick Vinales (ESP/Yamaha) 1.170
- Iannone "proud" to be first Aprilia MotoGP leader
- Australia MotoGP: Marquez wins after last-lap Vinales crash
- Can Lorenzo pull off another MotoGP comeback?
- Food Giveaway; Nursing Home Deaths; Motorcyclist ID'd: Patch PM
- MotoGP Austria: Andrea Dovizioso upbeat as Marc Marquez lights up practice timesheets
- Barcelona MotoGP: Marquez leads Quartararo in FP1
- Ducati to offer Petrucci new MotoGP deal for 2020
- Virus hot spots flare, hospitals tested as economies reopen
- Wehrlein wins crash-strewn Race at Home event in Monaco
- Bundesliga: Hertha Berlin Look to End 38-Year Wait in Munich
- Katy Perry hoped her new album would be her own Lemonade... but it’s more home-brand cola
- Some U.S. senators worry that without tests they could bring coronavirus home
- Coronavirus hot spots see rare good news as the nation debates over reopening
- Hot off the press! How the Mail Force PPE was made in Britain... as three more vital deliveries are completed and Grant Shapps praises readers' 'tremendous' support of charity's campaign
- Who spilled Hot Coffee?
- Germany 1 Serbia 1: Goretzka salvages draw for Low's new-look side
- White hot! Tammy Hembrow flaunts her washboard abs and pert derrière in a crop top and tiny shorts... after revealing how fans can achieve a 'natural booty' like hers
- Can Wehrlein carry Race at Home momentum into Hong Kong?
Runaway MotoGP leader Marquez looking hot on home corner have 375 words, post on en.rfi.fr at September 21, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.