Ticketmaster has been essentially accused of colluding with scalpers — and collecting double fees in the process — in a weeks-long investigation published by CBC and the Toronto Star Tuesday and today.The outlets sent two undercover reporters to a live-entertainment conference in July, where representatives for Ticketmaster pitched them on TradeDesk, the company’s invite-only proprietary platform for reselling tickets.The platform enables resellers to purchase tickets in bulk from Ticketmaster’s site, and then resell them for higher prices — with Ticketmaster taking a percentage of both sales — raising or dropping prices with the click of a button based on their assessment of fan demand.While Ticketmaster has taken highly publicized legal action against bots and flagrant profiteers in the secondary market — including its own Verified Fan program, used recently by Bruce Springsteen, Taylor Swift and others — the report captures a rep on camera saying that Ticketmaster’s “buyer abuse” team will look the other way when such practices take place on its own platforms.RELATED: Take a look at the major companies that filed for bankruptcy in 2017: 10 PHOTOS Retailers that filed for bankruptcy in 2017 See Gallery Retailers that filed for bankruptcy in 2017 Gordmans Stores REUTERS/Rick Wilking Gander… Read full this story
- Bomb kills Iranian nuclear scientist, state TV reports; Tehran accuses Israel, CIA
- Trump on People Mag Reporter's Accusation: 'Look at Her, I Don't Think So'
- In Greene County: Questions, silence after rape accusation
- Harvey Weinstein scandal: Actors Annabella Sciorra, Daryl Hannah make public accusations
- Louisville councilman Dan Johnson seeks to subpoena Courier-Journal reporter in removal trial
- Georgia court reporters accused of stealing 485G from court
- Errors prompt Trump to halt reports shaming 'sanctuary cities'
- Russia's track and field team suspended from international competition after report of a state-sponsored doping program
- Like Peyton Manning, Ryan Zimmerman, Ryan Howard and James Harrison issue strong denials of Al Jazeera report
- Dozens of Disney World employees caught in sex stings, arrested for child porn since 2006: report
Report: Ticketmaster accused of colluding with scalpers have 327 words, post on www.aol.com at September 20, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.