VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Aug. 02, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Western Forest Products Inc. (TSX: WEF) (“Western” or the “Company”) is pleased to confirm that a quarterly dividend of $0.0225 per share will be paid with respect to the Company’s third fiscal quarter of 2018 to shareholders of record as at the close of business on Friday, August 31, 2018 and payable on Friday, September 14, 2018.
The dividend will return a portion of the Company’s cash to shareholders, after taking into consideration the Company’s liquidity and ongoing capital needs. The Board of Directors will review the amount of the dividend on a quarterly basis. This dividend qualifies as an “eligible dividend” for Canadian income tax purposes.
About Western Forest Products Inc.
Western is an integrated Canadian forest products company and the largest coastal British Columbia timberlands operator and lumber producer. The Company has an annual available harvest of approximately 6 million cubic metres of timber, of which 5.8 million cubic metres is from Crown lands. Western has a lumber capacity in excess of 1.1 billion board feet from seven sawmills. Principal activities of the Company include timber harvesting, sawmilling logs into specialty lumber, and value added remanufacturing. With operations and employees primarily on the coast of British Columbia and one location in Washington State, Western is a premier supplier of high-value, specialty forest products to markets worldwide.
/EIN News/ — Forward-looking Statements
This press release contains statements that may constitute forward-looking statements under the applicable securities laws. Readers are cautioned against placing undue reliance on forward-looking statements. All statements herein, other than statements of historical fact, may be forward-looking statements and can be identified by the use of words such as “will” and similar references to future periods. Forward-looking statements in this press release include, but are not limited to, statements relating to the fact that all conditions for the payment of the dividend will be met and that such dividend will continue to be an “eligible dividend”, as defined in the Income Tax Act (Canada). Although such statements reflect management’s current reasonable beliefs, expectations and assumptions, there can be no assurance that forward-looking statements are accurate, and actual results or performance may materially vary. Many factors could cause our actual results or performance to be materially different, including a change in the Company’s financial situation and other factors referenced under the “Risks and Uncertainties” section of our MD&A in our 2017 Annual Report dated February 15, 2018.
For further information, please contact:
- Western Forest Products Inc. Announces Release Date of Fourth Quarter and Fiscal 2018 Results and Conference Call Details
- Western Forest Products Inc. Announces Sale of Ownership Interest in Port Alberni Forest Operation to Huu-ay-aht First Nations
- Western Forest Products Inc. Announces Acquisition of Columbia Vista Corporation, Growing its Specialty Products Business
- Western Forest Products Inc. Announces Automatic Share Purchase Plan Pursuant to its Normal Course Issuer Bid
- First Busey Corporation Records Fourth Quarter 2018 Net Income of $25.3 Million
- CanWel Building Materials Announces Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- First Western Reports Fourth Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- TerraForm Power Reports Third Quarter 2018 Results
- Rosehill Resources Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2018 Results; Production Increases 250% Compared to Third Quarter 2017
- Winnebago Industries Announces Record First Quarter Fiscal 2019 Results
- First Bank Reports Fourth Quarter 2018 Net Income of $4.1 Million
- MarketAxess Reports Fourth Quarter 2018 Revenues of $112.4 Million, Pre-Tax Income of $56.1 Million and Diluted EPS of $1.21
- National Vision Holdings, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- New York Mortgage Trust Declares Fourth Quarter 2018 Common Stock Dividend of $0.20 Per Share, and Preferred Stock Dividends
- Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta Declares a 6.47% Dividend for Fourth Quarter 2018
- Winnebago Industries Board of Directors Approves Quarterly Cash Dividend of $0.11 Per Share
- Valeritas Reports Record Revenue for the Third Quarter 2018
- Sigma Labs Reports Third Quarter 2018 Financial Results
Western Forest Products Inc. Confirms Record Date of Third Quarter 2018 Dividend have 600 words, post on world.einnews.com at August 2, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.