- U.S. & World News
- Local Stories Only
- Face the State
- Closings and Delays
- Liberty Bank Surprise Squad
- WFSB Mobile
- Do you have a news tip for WFSB?
- Inside Channel 3
- Something’s Brewing
- Birthdays and Anniversaries
- 3 On The Radio
- Science Sunday
- Connecticut Science Center
- Lost and Pound Pets
- Pinpoint Doppler Livestream
- Interactive Radar
- Hurricane Tracker
- Technical Discussion
- 7-Day Forecast
- Pinpoint Doppler Loop
- Closings and Delays
- WFSB Radar
- Maps and Radar
- Weather Bug iCams
- Early Warning Weather Tracker
- Beach and Boating Report
- Early Warning Weather Day
- WFSB Mobile
- Better CT
- Beauty & Style
‘The Big Bang Theory’ to end with final season in 2019
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 2:51 PM EDTUpdated: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:24 PM EDT
NEW YORK (AP/Meredith) — CBS says the upcoming 12th season of “The Big Bang Theory” will be the last.
It’s the most popular comedy on television.
The series began about geeky physicist roommates portrayed by Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki and expanded to include their friends, girlfriends and then wives. Other stars include Mayim Bialik and Kaley Cuoco.
Parsons’ work on the show has earned him four Emmy awards and a Golden Globe. CBS also airs a prequel about his character called “Young Sheldon.”
There’s also a UCLA scholarship created by and named for the series to support undergrad study in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Warner Bros. Television, CBS, and Chuck Lorre Productions released a statement on the final season.
“We are forever grateful to our fans for their support of ‘The Big Bang Theory’ during the past twelve seasons. We, along with the cast, writers and crew, are extremely appreciative of the show’s success and aim to deliver a final season, and series finale, that will bring ‘The Big Bang Theory’ to an epic creative close.”
According to CBS, the series 12th and final season will debut on September 24 and will move to its normal timeslot on Thursday, September 27. The series finale is slated to air in May.
The series, which debuted in 2007, has received dozens of Emmy nominations and 10 wins to date. EW reports the series never won an Emmy for Oustanding Comedy Series.
Its spin-off prequel series, “Young Sheldon” will carry the torch for fans.
- Kaley Cuoco Reveals the Item She's Going to Keep from The Big Bang Theory Set: 'It's Something That I Love So Much'
- Johnny Galecki Counting Down the Days Until Big Bang Theory Ends: 'There Will Be a Lot of Tears'
- The Big Bang Theory Ended Because Jim Parsons Wanted to Leave: Report
- The Big Bang Theory Cast Gets Emotional as the Series' End Nears: 'I Just Start Crying'
- 2018-19 TV Season Ratings: CBS Wraps 11th Season At No. 1 In Total Viewers, NBC Tops Demo; ‘Big Bang Theory’ Most Watched Series
- The Big Bang Theory Officially Ending After Season 12, Promises 'Epic' Series Finale
- Big Bang Theory Cast Performs Epic Flash Mob for Studio Audience Ahead of Series Finale
- The Big Bang Theory Named Longest Running Multi-Camera Sitcom with 276 Record-Breaking Episodes
- Big Bang Theory plot hole: Fans expose major inconsistency with Bill Gates cameo
- io9 Judges the Big Pop Culture Endings of 2019
- Vikings' Hvitserk star admits he wanted different death for character ‘a big bang'
- Kaley Cuoco Sells $4 Million California Villa at a Loss After Massive Price Cut - See Inside!
- Queen of the South season 5 theories: James to suffer Teresa heartbreak - here's why
- Grey’s Anatomy season 16 Netflix release date: When is Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix?
- I’ll Do It Myself: Witherspoon, Aniston And Robbie Top This Year’s Highest-Paid Actresses By Taking On Hollywood’s Male Problem
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by AT&T - Pelosi refuses to budge on bipartisan infrastructure bill
- Celebrity deaths 2021: Stars we’ve lost including Sean Lock and Una Stubbs
- Peaky Blinders: Policeman who brought down Tommy Shelby's real gang unmasked
'The Big Bang Theory' to end with final season in 2019 have 929 words, post on www.wfsb.com at August 22, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.