The romantic pairing of rappers Nicki Minaj and Eminem remains uncertain. Minaj, however, fueled their ongoing dating rumors by referring to Eminem as her “husband” on her latest album, Queen.
Minaj unveiled her fourth studio album Friday. It’s released under Young Money Entertainment, Cash Money Records and Republic Records. The 19-track record is her first full-length release in four years after 2014’s The Pinkprint. The album features noteworthy appearances from the likes of Ariana Grande, The Weeknd, Lil Wayne and Future. Her track with Eminem, however, stands out due to Minaj’s reference at the pair’s connection.
On “Majesty,” Minaj recruited Eminem and Labrinth. While the track is largely about her success, she seemingly hints at speculation regarding her romance with Eminem.
“Better not use me as your topic, anybody who brings me up, duck it/ Let me keep it one hundred, two things shouldn’t be your themes of discussion,” Minaj rapped. “The queen and her husband, last thing you’re gonna wanna be is our subjects.”
Rumors about the rap super couple first surfaced in May upon the release of Eminem’s song “Big Bank.” The single boasts a guest feature from Minaj. On the track, she rapped: “Told them I met Slim Shady, bag the Em/ Once he go black, he’ll be back again.”
Rapper Nicki Minaj fueled dating rumors with fellow hip-hop star Eminem after she referred to him as her “husband.” Here, Minaj is pictured attending the Heavenly Bodies: Fashion & The Catholic Imagination Costume Institute Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 7, 2018, in New York City. Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images
Fans were quick to speculate whether the pair were dating with this reveal. One follower asked Minaj on Instagram about the pair’s relationship status, and she responded “Yes.” Eminem chimed in, adding, ”Girl, you know it’s true.” Minaj, in turn, said: “Babe, I thought we were gonna keep it on the low til the wedding. Yikes. I’ll talk to you when I get home.” These comments, however, weren’t much of anything as Eminem suggested they weren’t together when performing at Boston Calling on May 27.
“Boston, how many of you want me to date Nicki Minaj?” he said before the crowd. “Well, goddammit, me too. Nicki, if you get this message, just text me later, we’ll talk about it.”
If Eminem and Minaj are together, this wouldn’t be the first hip-hop star the “No Frauds” song maker has been romantically linked to. Minaj had a two-year relationship with Meek Mills. The couple split in January 2017. Mills admitted to Philadelphia’s Power 99 in July 2017 that their breakup was a “loss.”
On Minaj’s Queen, she called out Mills out on the track “Barbie Dreams.” Minaj rapped, “Meek still be in my DMs, I be havin to duck em. I used to pray for times like this..face ass when I f*** em.”
“Barbie Dreams” referenced Minaj’s rumored romance with fellow rapper and frequent collaborator, Drake, as well. “Drake worth a hundred milli, always buying me s***. But I don’t know if the p**** wet or if he crying and s***,” Minaj said.
Drake, a former child actor, famously appeared in Minaj’s “Anaconda” music video, where she gave him a lap dance. The duo has even joked about marriage. Neither Drake nor Minaj has confirmed whether or not they were an item, but the Canadian rapper has expressed his love and admiration for the “Bed” rapper on multiple occasions.
- Review: Nicki Minaj returns with highly anticipated Queen album
- UFC 225: Rafael dos Anjos not allowing Brazilian fan pressure to fuel him in Chicago
- Rumored: Lexus May Debut Three-Row RX SUV, LFA Roadster in 2014
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Lucas Matthysse fight prediction, date, card, odds, preview, expert pick
- June entertainment planner: 'Jurassic World,' 'Sense8' and Kanye bring the summer heat
- This Christian rapper has the No. 1 album right now: 'I put my life into this'
- Couple goals! Meet the boyfriends, girlfriends, and spouses of the US Women's Soccer Team stars - from a pro baseball player and a high school sweetheart to a TEAMMATE
- Mitch Albom: Job-shamed Cosby Show actor exposes cultural flaw
- Mitch Albom: 'Cosby Show' actor exposes cultural flaw
- Blac Chyna turns heads in leopard print outfit as she jets into LA with boyfriend YBN Almighty Jay
- Every Team's Top Potential Free-Agent Target After the 2018 NBA Draft
- This Is Us recap – Vietnam: The moments that made us cry
- Inside the famed Chateau Marmont, where actors Anthony Perkins and Tab Hunter began secret affair, Lindsay Lohan got booted out after racking up $46K tab and Britney Spears had a breakdown in the dining room smearing food across her face
- October entertainment planner: 'A Star Is Born,' 'The Conners,' and Elvis Costello kick off a busy fall schedule
- “They’re here”: Television invades the home
- Ariana Kukors files civil suit against USA Swimming, Sean Hutchison, Mark Schubert
- Awkward! Ivanka and Jared cuddle up as they attend the star-studded second wedding of Karlie Kloss and Josh Kushner in Wyoming - alongside a host of VERY outspoken Trump critics, including Katy Perry, Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher
- Mental at The Money Circus – Day Three
Nicki Minaj Fuels Eminem Dating Rumors by Calling Him Her 'Husband' have 893 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 10, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.