Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) made her first endorsement in Iowa on Friday — the first state to vote in the 2020 presidential primary, where Harris is considered a frontrunner for the Democratic Party nomination. Harris, who did not travel to Iowa for the endorsement, backed Deidre DeJear for the office of Secretary of State.DeJear thanked her on Twitter: Politico adds: Like many top Democrats, Harris has maintained a cautious distance from Iowa, leery of appearing solicitous of attention beyond the midterm elections. She is not expected to appear in Iowa for the endorsement announcement. But her endorsement of DeJear was not unexpected. Harris’ out-of-California endorsements this year have focused on non-white candidates, including Stacey Abrams in Georgia and Jahana Hayes in Connecticut. DeJear is Iowa’s first black nominee for statewide office from a major political party, and Harris has been supportive since the two met at an event in Los Angeles in April. DeJear worked on President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign in Iowa, Politico notes. Harris, still in her first term in Congress, is proving adept at both media and fundraising, tapping into Democratic Party establishment donor networks while articulating the left-wing “progressive” messages the party’s base wants to hear…. Read full this story
- Fact Check: Kamala Says Trump ‘Sold Out Working People’ Despite Smashing Economic Records
- Acura Is Softly Expanding Its Skunkworks to Make Cooler Cars
- Wind Energy Making Head Way in the United States
- Kentucky Blues: House’s Outsourcing Bill Threatens McConnell’s Home State, Senate Majority
- Warren blasts fellow 2020 candidates for 'hobnobbing with the rich and powerful,' swears off big-dollar donors
- Leading 2020 Dems Unified to Turn Red States Blue with More Immigration
- Is Harry Belafonte A Naive Mouthpiece For The Far Left?
- Harry Vardon - The Championship British Golf Player's Early Life
- Why The Time Of The Year Makes A Huge Difference
- Moon Base by 2020; Pure Weakness and Bogus Timeline
Kamala Harris Makes First Endorsement in 2020 Primary State have 308 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 17, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.