HCM City (VNA) – The Hoang Anh Gia Lai (HAGL) Group and Truong Hai Auto Corporation (THACO) inked a strategic cooperation agreement in Ho Chi Minh City on August 8 in the presence of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
Under the deal, THACO will be responsible for the overall restructuring of the HAGL Agricultural JSC with a total investment of approximately 12 trillion VND (514.7 million USD). In addition, THACO and Dai Quang Minh Real Estate Investment JSC, where THACO holds 90 percent of charter capital, will be responsible for the development of Phase 2 of the HAGL Myanmar project in the Southeast Asian nation, with total investment of 320 million USD. The project will be completed by 2020.
In his remarks at the event, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc said he is delight to see a leading industrial enterprise and a large scale agricultural model of Vietnam shaking hands in a large-scale hi-tech agricultural project.
He expected that the cooperation between ambitious leaders of the two companies would help boost the development of agriculture and industry in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia.
He described the collaboration as a new inspiration for domestic companies to innovate, merge and cooperate for development.
The PM said he hopes that the agreement will set the model for the application of advanced technology in agriculture, and also the tendency to shift investment flows in agriculture and call on big businesses to invest in agricultural development.
Also at the event, Chairman of HAGL Group Doan Nguyen Duc and THACO Chairman Tran Ba Duong presented financial aid to Lao people affected by the Sepien-Senamnoi hydropower dam break last month. – VNA
- ‘Liza on Demand’ Star Liza Koshy Inks Overall Deal With Westbrook Inc.
- Thaco, Peugeot cooperate to manufacture motorcycles
- Vodafone Idea inks smartphone financing deal to grow subs base
- Ola group to open electric two-wheeler factory in Hosur
- Comviva inks partnership with Ooredoo Kuwait to deliver ML-driven CVM campaigns
- Glenmark inks pact with Menarini Group to commercialise nasal spray in Europe
- Ola group to set up electric two-wheeler factory in Hosur
- McConnell getting much of what he wants in emerging relief deal
- Key events leading to China’s investigation into Alibaba Group
- Hardline Brexiteers trawl Brexit deal for 'land mines' as full 1,255-page document is published and Boris Johnson asks them for their vote after Michael Gove says Britain will have a 'special relationship' with EU
- Special and privileged strategic partnership between Russia and India on track: Nikolay Kudashev
- Get ready for blast off Britain: Boris's Brexit deal is set to help boost the economy by 6.1% next year and add to post-Covid boom - as PM promises tougher border controls and urges all MPs to back him in 30 December crunch vote
- Gibraltar Facing Chaos After Boris Let EU Cut Rock Out of Deal
- Devil's bargain: Sacrificing Yemen for a Saudi-Israeli peace deal
- Straumann Group, DeepCare team up for AI-enabled dental care
- U.S. Says Russia Rejected Nuclear Treaty Talks Five times Despite Putin's Push for Deal
- Endeavor Takes Stake In BDA Sports Management, Names Founder Bill Duffy A Strategic Advisor To WME Sports
- From 4G deals to OpenRAN: How Airtel, Vodafone Idea, Jio changed the vendor landscape in 2020
HAGL Group, THACO ink strategic deal have 543 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 9, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.