by World Entertainment News Network
Daniel Craig at James Bond ‘Spectre’ Royal world premiere held at the Royal Albert Hall in London. When: 27 Oct 2015 Credit: Daniel Deme/WENN.com
(WENN) — Spy movie Bond 25’s scheduled release date is now reportedly in jeopardy.
A statement posted Tuesday to the official James Bond Twitter account confirmed that Danny Boyle was no longer directing the feature, citing “creative differences” as the reason for the British filmmaker’s surprise departure.
And without a director, fans of the franchise may have to wait much longer to see the hotly-anticipated movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Sources have told editors at the publication that Bond 25 will now miss its planned Nov. 8, 2019 release date in the U.S., and claim it’s possible that the flick will not be unveiled until late 2020, though production is still set to begin in December.
Boyle revealed he would be taking charge of Daniel Craig’s final Bond film in March, after confirming he and his writing partner John Hodge were working on a screenplay for the movie.
Directors including Christopher Nolan, Tom Ford and Spectre helmer Sam Mendes have been slated as possible contenders to take on the job.
Reporters at The Daily Telegraph have also claimed that Craig had a hand in the Slumdog Millionaire director’s exit from the project as he apparently plays a key role in choosing his castmates and he and producers were allegedly skeptical of plans to cast the relatively unknown Polish actor Tomasz Kot as the film’s villain.
And on Friday, Jonathan Pryce – who played Tomorrow Never Dies baddie Elliot Carver – suggested that Boyle was not trusted with the franchise as: “(Producers) obviously couldn’t take a socialist Bond.”
“You see, there are the Dannys of this world and then there are people who do the blockbusters,” he added.
Additionally, it was reported that the 61-year-old wanted to make Bond 25 more topical and “help the franchise evolve in the #MeToo and #TimesUp era”.
- Bond 25 ‘will carry on’ Casino Royale arc
- When will Bond 25 be released, does it follow the Casino Royale storyline and will Daniel Craig return?
- When is the John Lewis Christmas advert 2018 release date and is Elton John recording the song?
- Breaking Bad film release date, cast, trailer, plot: All we know about El Camino
- Spider-Man PS4 Release Date, Price, Editions, Download Size, and More
- Rainbow Six Siege Operation Grim Sky Release Date, Operators, and Map: Everything You Need to Know
- Ceredigion beach to feature in Danny Boyle's First World War project
- What is the John Lewis Christmas advert 2018 release date and what will be this year’s theme?
- Live weather updates: I-25, Powers Blvd reopens following bad road conditions
- The John Lewis Christmas advert 2018 release date confirmed
- When will the 2018 John Lewis Christmas advert on? Release date and song details HERE!
- This is who Bond producers want as their next villain
- Richard Madden looks suave as he climbs into brand new £120k Jaguar sportscar after being touted as the next James Bond
- Who will be the next James Bond? Latest odds on Richard Madden, Tom Hardy, Idris Elba and Henry Cavill
- When is the John Lewis Christmas ad released and what is this year’s theme?
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 for PS4 Is Quite Possibly the Best Looking Yakuza Game to Date
- Bodyguard hunk Richard Madden ‘to be offered’ James Bond role when Daniel Craig steps down
- When is The Queen’s Corgi released in the UK and who is in the cast?
Bond 25 release date in doubt following Danny Boyle's exit have 573 words, post on nebraska.tv at August 24, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.