What you’re looking at could very well be the worst looking thing we’ve ever seen on four wheels.
This abomination used to be a Toyota Celica, but it’s now been turned into something so strange looking it can barely be considered an automobile. Crocodile-inspired-Star-Wars-battleship-monstrosity is probably a more apt description.
These images, recently shared on Reddit, appeared from a Facebook post listing the car for sale. A little bit of digging reveals that the car was created by a bodywork shop in Kampala, Uganda, and all of its new exterior body panels are made from lightweight fiberglass.
Uganda must have very relaxed laws about what can be driven on the road, because there’s simply no way such a vehicle would be legal anywhere else. For example, the ‘front bumper’ (that’s a very loose description) now extends multiple feet out of the front of the car and consists of three massive spikes, seemingly inspired by the teeth of a crocodile or the beak of a bird.
That’s not all. Look towards the back and you’ll find fiberglass add-ons adorning every square inch of the rear fascia. There’s curious wings reaching up from the arches and vertical slats that make the Celica look like a spaceship. Much of the rear window has also been covered by new panels, clearly limiting rear visibility.
Perhaps more amazing than the fact that this car actually exists is the simple point that, to some people, it’s actually desirable – or else they wouldn’t have gone to all that trouble to build it. Yes, the automotive world is incredibly diverse and depending on where you go in the world, you’ll find unique tuning scenes. In Uganda, this could be the thing, although we really hope it’s not…
- Toyota Celica: Focusing on Details
- Toyota Camry: The Toyota Crown
- Toyota 4Runner
- Travel to Uganda - A Kingdom Of Birds
- Toyota Corolla: Still One of America's Most Trusted Cars
- Production Of Toyota Camry Now Starts In China
- What It Would Take to Give the 2020 Toyota Supra the Manual Gearbox It Deserves
- Toyota Tacoma, the Phenomenon Continues
- Frankfurt is the First World Cup Venue for England, How Will You Be Getting There?
- World of Warcraft Horde Players Top Five Tips