A Vanity Fair report claims President Donald Trump has grown tired of White House Chief of Staff John Kelly to the point that he hopes the retired Marine Corps general quits.
Vanity Fair’s Gabriel Sherman wrote Tuesday that the recent hiring of former Fox News co-president Bill Shine as White House deputy chief of staff for communications – an appointment Kelly allegedly opposed – was a move to encourage the Chief of Staff to resign.
Other White House sources told Sherman that Shine orchestrated the 9 p.m. timing of the President’s Monday event naming his new Supreme Court justice to help Sean Hannity’s ratings. Hannity’s Fox News show begins at 9.
“Sean is very happy. Bill Shine is his best friend,” one Republican told Sherman. “Everyone at the White House knew [Monday’s announcement] was about Sean’s ratings.”
Initial Nielsen ratings for Monday’s ceremony indicate Fox News led all other networks with more than 6 million viewers
Sherman reported for Vanity Fair that Trump’s decision to hire Shine shadows the controversial, 11-day tenure of Anthony Scaramucci as White House communications director last summer. Scaramucci’s brief time in the West Wing resulted in Reince Priebus quitting his job as chief of staff.
“This is a more subtle version of Scaramucci,” an outside White House adviser told Sherman.
- Famously Fly: Vanity Fair’s Best Dressed 2018 Includes Some of Our Most Fashionable Faves!
- Post-Oscars Vanity Fair party shakes up the celebrity snow globe
- Vanity Fair needs an extra hand in its editing suite
- Trump releases heartfelt statement after Hope Hicks quits the White House
- It looks like John Kelly is giving up on trying to protect Trump from himself
- John Kelly reportedly yelled at the TV over news coverage of White House turmoil
- Hope Hicks is leaving the White House — and she made a brilliant tactical choice upon resigning that anyone can emulate
- The life of Donald Trump Jr., who once lived out of a truck, didn’t speak to his father for a year, and is weathering a messy divorce
- John Kelly reportedly threatened to quit because he was so fed up with Trump
- Trump may be floating a plan to fire Jeff Sessions, potentially jeopardizing Mueller’s Russia probe
- What everyone who’s fled or been fired from the Trump White House is up to now
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW?: Everyone who’s fled or been fired from the Trump White House
- Trump could reportedly replace White House chief of staff John Kelly as early as this summer
- Hope Hicks reportedly told friends she wouldn’t return to the White House this year, even if Trump asked
- The Justice Department had to go to extraordinary lengths to conduct a raid on top Trump lawyer Michael Cohen
- Trump schedules his meetings around ‘Fox and Friends’ segments, according to former White House official
- Movie Critics Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner Reportedly Walked Out of
- Photos capture the emotional moment Hope Hicks and Trump said goodbye on her last day at the White House
Vanity Fair: Trump Hopes Kelly Quits have 488 words, post on www.newsmax.com at July 11, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.