Electric scooters are coming to Uber. On Monday, the company struck a partnership with electric scooter provider Lime to offer their vehicles over the Uber app. Lime already has its own mobile app, where you can rent scooters for $0.15 per minute after paying a $1 unlocking fee. But the partnership with Uber will no doubt give Lime some added exposure, as it goes up against a whole host of rivals. When the scooters will be available for rent via the Uber app wasn’t made clear in Monday’s announcement. But in the meantime, Lime said it plans on co-branding its scooters with the Uber name. Excited for the road ahead with @limebike. Whether you choose to ride, bike, or scoot, we’re working to put your perfect transportation option just one tap away. https://t.co/sZNu3Tfz2P pic.twitter.com/rYss3N9Ixy — Uber (@Uber) July 9, 2018 Lime today also announced a new $335 million funding round, which includes investment from Uber and Alphabet, among others. “Our investment and partnership in Lime is another step towards our vision of becoming a one stop shop for all your transportation needs,” Uber vice president Rachel Holt said in a statement. Lime said it plans on using the $335 million… Read full this story
- The UK will finally allow electric scooter rentals starting July 4th
- Uber Poised To Make Investment In Scooter-Rental Business
- Ampere Magnus Pro Electric Scooter Review: A Flagship Model For The Masses!
- Gemopai Miso Mini Electric Scooter Launched In India At Rs 44,000: Details And Specs
- Ampere Electric launches Magnus Pro electric scooter, priced at Rs 73,990
- BGauss A2, B8 electric scooters unveiled; check out pricing, sale date
- Mahindra GenZe Electric Scooter To Be Launched In The U.S.
- Lime e-scooter rider sustains critical injuries in central Auckland hit and run
- 23-year-old man dies after being injured in Lime e-scooter accident
- Six-month Lime e-scooter trial coming to Rotorua
Uber Partners With Lime on Electric Scooter Rentals have 322 words, post on sea.pcmag.com at July 9, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.