HCM City (VNS/VNA) – The Mekong Innovative Startups in Tourism (MIST) will support 10 innovative travel and hospitality companies in 2018.
The programme, launched in 2016, is supported by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Australian Government and the six-government Mekong Tourism Coordinating Office.
MIST aims to identify and support high-growth travel and hospitality businesses that have the potential to contribute to local communities, economies and the environment.
It features a Startup Accelerator and the Market Access Programme.
The former teaches business fundamentals to early-stage travel and hospitality start-ups while connecting them with the industry and investors, and has chosen five entrepreneurs from Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam — BambooLao, Ecohost, Go Explore, Sidesbag, and VDEs.
The finalists are attending the Mekong Tourism Forum to showcase their solutions and explore industry partnerships.
They will come together again in October at ITB Asia in Singapore to pitch to investors and compete for innovation grants of up to 10,000 USD.
The Market Access Programme invites innovators from around the world to resolve tourism and hospitality industry challenges in the Greater Mekong Sub-region.
It helps innovators clear market entry obstacles, form local partnerships, and secure financing for proof-of-concept pilots.
It has chosen five international travel and hospitality innovators: Adventoro, DidaTravel Technology, hereO, Moneybay, and Monkey Theory.
“There is no doubt that technology is rapidly transforming travel,” Jens Thraenhart, executive director of the Mekong Tourism Coordinating Office, said.
“The trick is to harness and accelerate innovative business models that also positively transform lives, communities, and the natural environment.”
Dominic Mellor, senior investment advisor at the ADB, said: “MIST has received more than 350 applications from all over the world, demonstrating the Greater Mekong Sub-region’s dynamism as a destination and its attractiveness to innovators.”–VNS/VNA
- 10 steps companies must take to ensure they meet latest EU data protection rules
- Travel company offers free lifts to elderly in snow
- Travel companies expect the busiest day of the year as we book to counter the winter blues
- New travel company Tailor and Made in Stowmarket launches to provide bespoke holidays and opportunities for volunteering
- Are you lazy? This travel company wants to hire you to be a Professional Slacker - to do absolutely nothing
- Want the travel blogger lifestyle? This travel company will pay you to explore Europe this summer
- Brighouse coach travel company ceases trading
- Dereham travel company launches foodbank campaign
- The top 10 Chinese companies Theresa May could target on her Beijing trip
- We know what you’ll be doing next summer as we reveal our 2018 travel highlights
- Barrhead Travel has been bought over by international brand
- Popular cheap holiday destinations predicted for 2018 – with tomorrow set to be the busiest day for travel bookings
- How a Greenford company is improving children's lives in Morocco
- Holiday sickness claim companies have targeted nearly TEN MILLION Brits
- UK travel misery: Commuters face disruption as three-day rail strike kicks off
- Scammers claim the Lord Nelson boat on Wensum is office as they rip-off travellers
- Witney travel firm makes top 100 businesses to work for list
- Holidaymakers ‘should check terms of post-Brexit travel bookings’
MIST supports 10 travel companies have 513 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at July 5, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.