PUBLISHED: 09:03 13 June 2018 | UPDATED: 11:05 13 June 2018
Martham crash. Picture: Mike Peake
A woman has died after a crash in Martham.
Police confirmed this morning (Wednesday) that the woman died after crashing into the railings of a pond in the village.
Officers were called shortly before 11am yesterday (Tuesday) to reports of a collision involving a car on The Green opposite the Royal China takeaway.
The driver of the blue Ford Fiesta, a woman in her 60s, died at the scene.
The road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened at 3pm.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving of the vehicle prior to the incident, should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Police on 101.
Police are particularly keen to trace the driver of a scaffolding HGV whom may have witnessed the collision.
- Boyfriend arrested in shooting death of woman whose car crashed
- Police: Woman dies in crash on west side
- Newport News woman dies after crashing with car in Isle of Wight, state police say
- Woman dies in crash near Williston
- Woman dies after crash at Kirton
- Butler County woman dies following crash at Butler-Warren border
- Driver found dead after car crashes into Weisenberg Twp. historical hotel
- Reality star dies in horror car crash while living dream of retiring to France
- Russell Brand’s mother ‘making remarkable recovery’ after car crash
- Mum seriously injured in car crash has no idea her baby has died