The three men were found trading drugs in a village in May district, the Lao province of Phongsaly, which shares the border with Vietnam’s northern mountainous province of Dien Bien during a joint operation between the two provinces’ armed forces. They are alleged to be drug wholesalers and have transported drugs from Laos to Vietnam.
The suspects and objects of evidence were handed over to the Lao side for further investigation.
Police in Dien Bien arrested three people trafficking 135 bricks of heroin and 500,000 meth pills in March. This was the large drugs trafficking case with the largest quantity of synthetic drug pills seized in Vietnam so far.
Earlier on January 3 this year, the provincial Drug Crime Investigation Office captured two persons transporting 489 bricks of heroin weighing 171kg and worth 3 million USD, the biggest-ever drug case detected in the country.
Drug-trafficking remains a major issue in Vietnam, especially at border areas, including Dien Bien, which is bordered by Pu’er city in China’s southern Yunnan province to the northwest and Laos’ Phongsaly province to the west.
Nearly 21,471 drug-trafficking cases were reported in 2017, up 14.5 percent from 2016, according to a report on collaboration among the Police General Department, the General Department of Vietnam Customs, Vietnam Border Guard High Command and Vietnam Coast Guard.
Some 32,950 suspects were detained, a 13.6 percent increase over 2016’s figure.
Statistics from the Vietnam Border Guard showed that the amount of synthetic drugs and marijuana seized in 2017 through the border of Vietnam and Laos respectively increased seven times and twice compared with 2016.-VNA
- LulzSec's Latest Lark Targets Ariz. Cops
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Facebook Exec's Brazilian Misadventure Signals Bigger Problem
- From malware to madman: A brief history of John McAfee’s lunacy binge
- UK Police Pinch Suspect in VTech Hack
- DOJ Busts Up Global Phishing Ring, Charges 38
- CEO of Winklevoss-backed Bitcoin exchange charged with Silk Road money laundering
- Brush Fires; Shootings: Encinitas, San Diego County Police Log
- Occupy this: 5 Internet regulations we need to destroy
- Bird-Eating Fanged Frog Found in Greater Mekong
- GTA 5 Strangers and Freaks Missions Walkthrough Guide
- GTA 5 Random Events Guide – Locations, Tips and Rewards
- Drones now being used to smuggle contraband into prisons
- Brief lifting of curfew in Kashmir prompts fresh violence
Lao drug traffickers arrested near border with Vietnam have 384 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.