PUBLISHED: 11:47 09 May 2018 | UPDATED: 12:05 09 May 2018
Victoria Tkachenko of UK Tax Pro Ltd shows off the damage to her ceiling. Picture: Ken Mears
The ceiling of a bookkeepers in Marks Gate collapsed after animal urine began leaking from the flat upstairs, it has been claimed.
UK Tax Pro accountant Victoria Tkachenko, 44, alleges her upstairs neighbour’s pets are making her working life a misery.
Animal filth is washed away with water, she claims, which leaks into her office in Rose Lane.
They struggle to work with the stench and have put out pots, pans and waste paper bins to catch the constant dripping.
“I don’t know what to do anymore,” she told the Post, describing countless complaints stretching back four years.
“It’s my part-time job to write emails.”
Early on February 12, it rained cats and dogs indoors. Liquid seeped through ceiling tiles, causing many to come crashing to the floor.
“Concentrated urine was pouring through our ceiling mixed with water,” she wrote in a letter to Barking and Dagenham Council.
“My 17 years old [sic] son works for me and the ceiling collapse happened just on the spot where he usually sits,” she added, “it was just lucky that he was not there at the point it happened.”
Staff collected “five full buckets” of the filthy mixture, she complained in the letter 11 days later, adding: “I had to send one employee home as she was vomiting from the smell”.
With damage to the LED light panels, printer and shredder, workers were forced to cancel meetings with clients and grab £400 worth of scented candles and cleaning products.
Three months later, the leak remains. One employee reportedly received an electric shock recently while using the electric shutters.
In a letter to Victoria, dated May 1, a council officer admits conditions within the flat “has been an issue… for some time” with legal proceedings ongoing, Victoria was told the council had “exhausted all proportionate means of resolving this by trying to work with our tenant and her legal advisors”.
A council spokesman told the Post: “This matter is subject to ongoing legal proceedings and as such we are unable to comment further.”
Her upstairs neighbour said: “This matter is being dealt with by a solicitor, so I am not going to discuss anything further.”
- California's Pet Stores To Only Sell Rescue Cats, Dogs And Rabbits
- Which make the best sleep partners for women? Cats, dogs or humans?
- Atlanta bans sale of dogs, cats in pet stores
- Heavy causes flooding along Savannah River
- Rains cause flood woes in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
- Frankie Muniz's cat caused flood
- Bay Area readers help with land purchase, advice on cats, dogs and birds
- King tides cause flooding in Newport Beach, advisory issued
- Eboni causes flooding in Pine Belt, Petal fire conducts rescues
- High tides, rain cause flooding concerns in East Haven