0 Comments Ireland’s Test debut grants Ford an opportunity to lay big foundations BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Ireland coach Graham Ford has admitted he is caught between using his experienced players in this week’s inaugural Test match and planning for the future. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/irelands-test-debut-grants-ford-an-opportunity-to-lay-big-foundations-36887413.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/article36887412.ece/b8e15/AUTOCROP/h342/2018-05-09_spo_40775063_I1.JPG Email Ireland coach Graham Ford has admitted he is caught between using his experienced players in this week’s inaugural Test match and planning for the future. Although the team which faces Pakistan at Malahide, starting on Friday, is almost certain to include 10 players, each with at least 61 internationals under his belt, the rest of the 14-man squad are the ones who will be around for years to come. “It’s a huge challenge for us, particularly against such a high quality opposition,” says Ford. “Fortunately, for now, there are a number of experienced cricketers in the group who have played a lot of cricket, a lot of high pressure cricket, so they bring a lot of information into the group. “But we do go in as huge underdogs and we have to find a few different ways of disrupting the opposition, so we will have to get our thinking caps on. “Looking ahead, we know some players will… Read full this story
- Ireland eye World Cup Super League as opportunity for ODI growth
- Ireland voice white-ball sighting concern at Ageas Bowl
- England Vs Ireland 1st ODI in Southampton: MyTeam11 Fantasy Tips
- ENG vs IRE MyTeam11 Tips 1st ODI, Southampton: Team News England vs Ireland 2020, July 30, 6:30 PM IST Thursday
- The Covid-19 recovery is an opportunity for systemic change. Our future hangs in the balance
- Ireland raise white-ball visibility issues against empty stands
- IBM donates "Trusted AI" projects to Linux Foundation AI
- 50 entrepreneurs stand out in Jack Ma Foundation's competition for African "business heroes"
- Coronavirus live updates: SF mayor announces testing expansion as cases surge
- 'We cannot apologise': Dominic Raab DEFENDS decision to axe quarantine-free travel to Spain overnight despite British tourists - including Transport Secretary Grant Shapps - already arriving for holidays as Labour brands move 'shambolic'
Ireland's Test debut grants Ford an opportunity to lay big foundations have 359 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at May 9, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.