May 13, 3:17 AM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury Sports By Pradhan Muthanna 05/13/18 AT 3:14 AMLewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel launched a scathing attack on the Formula 1 hierarchy after hearing that the rule changes for next year will make the cars slower by almost 1.5 seconds compared to 2018. The duo were speaking at the post-qualifying press conference on Saturday where the Briton had just taken pole position for the Spanish Grand Prix.The current cars are the fastest they have been in a number of years and the drivers have raved about how enjoyable they are to drive especially in fast corners. However, due to the high aerodynamic downforce on the cars, it is difficult to follow, which has limited overtaking opportunities at certain circuits.The new owners of Formula 1 are adamant that racing needs to be entertaining at all times and the lack of overtaking at certain tracks have seen them change the rules for the 2019 season. The changes include a simplified front wing and brake ducts and a bigger rear wing flap to make DRS more powerful — all of which will make the car less aerodynamically efficient and slower compared to its 2018 counterpart…. Read full this story
- F1's Lewis Hamilton won't take a knee at U.S. Grand Prix but calls NFL protest 'awesome'
- Charles Leclerc makes bold claim over how he differs from Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton
- Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc feud explained - what does future hold for Ferrari?
- Lewis Hamilton teases Ferrari switch - could he replace Sebastian Vettel?
- Ferrari on verge of ‘great disaster’ as Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc problems rise
- Lewis Hamilton Will Chase His Fifth F1 World Championship From Pole in the U.S. Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton Closes Championship Season With Dominant Victory In Abu Dhabi
- Hamilton professor calls criticism of his red meat study 'hysterical' and 'extreme'
- Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel grabs pole for Formula One Mexican Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton wins U.S. Grand Prix to extend F1 championship lead
F1 News: Lewis Hamilton And Sebastian Vettel Criticize Proposed 2019 Changes have 323 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at May 13, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.