My purpose is to build businesses that benefit society, and I strongly believe that organisations should have a social responsibility that goes beyond the services and products they provide. At REED, our corporate and philanthropic activity is rooted in this principal.My father Alec Reed, who founded the Reed Foundation in 1985, once told me: “You have little control over the length of your life, but you can control the width of it. Being in a position to help others has widened my horizons and made my life more satisfying. I have enjoyed using my entrepreneurial skills in setting up charities and watching them grow.”Philanthropy is not just a passion project. It is the beating heart of our business.The Reed Foundation, which has established and supports charities including Ethiopiaid and the Big Give, owns 20% of REED. This means that all of us at REED work one day a week for charity. Many of these charities don’t receive government funding and are reliant on the support that our business offers. For this reason our philanthropic investments are not only welcomed, but integral, in helping associated charities to source the funds they need to secure resources and sustain the work they do.Business… Read full this story
- Give until if feels good: Sun Messages
- Dina Lohan: Me and my mystery man are just 'good friends'
- Aminé’s Major Label Debut Is a Summer Party Record With More on Its Mind Than Just Good Times
- Is Marie Kondo’s 'Tidying Up' more than just good TV? Utah’s psychology and design pros weigh in
- Sorry, St. Louis fans: The Rams’ move to L.A. wasn't personal, just good business
- Trump is looking to give sanctuary cities just what they asked for
- 40 Under 40: Celebrating some of Las Vegas’ brightest business professionals
- Wipro’s CEO Honors ‘Giving Pledge’ by Boosting Teacher Ed in India
- Evans Larson PR firm pivots with expertise in Facebook
- Daily Business Report-Feb. 26, 2019, San Diego Metro Magazine
The business of giving: Why corporate philanthropy is more than just good PR have 331 words, post on www.ibtimes.co.uk at April 24, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.