Here’s a rare bird in Shedland: the Range Rover. Many years ago, long before this sort of event became en-glitzed and corporatised, Shed went on a properly dirty Land Rover offroad day up north. The chap running it was a leathery Darien Gap type, a dead ringer for Curly out of City Slickers and the sort of bloke who would strike matches on his face, sweeten his coffee with iron filings, and munch morosely through a packet of six-inch nails for his tea. The vehicles provided on Shed’s day were all Series III Landies, and much fun was had by all who attended. The most surprising part of the day, however, wasn’t so much the incredible ability of the everyday Landie (though that was incredible) but what happened when Shed plucked up the courage to ask Leatheryman to nominate his favourite off-road weapon. It was meant to be an easy one that he could knock out of the park with the expected “short-wheelbase diesel Series III with snorkel” response. Instead, the answer was “petrol Range Rover automatic”, which seemed a bit effete coming from someone who looked entirely capable of crocheting anacondas. As far as he was concerned, the Range… Read full this story
- Shocking moment 'disgruntled employee smashes his boss's £80,000 Range Rover Sport using his digger in terrifying wrecking spree'
- 2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- Taking the Range Rover Velar's Dual Touch Screens for a Spin
- Is the new Land Rover Defender a 'glorious' 4x4 reinvention or a 'yummy mummy wagon'? Fans divided after launch in Germany as critics claim it's more suited the school run than Paris-Dakar
- AT&T adds Jaguar Land Rover to fleet of connected car partnerships
- Here’s Why The Land Rover Defender Costs $70,000 Or More
- Inside Britain's most toxic divorce: How Russian beauty queen left court with a £1m payout this week... but, heavens, what a poisonous fight it was!
- NASA’s Curiosity rover commemorates ‘special experiment’ with new selfie
- Jaguar Land Rover Offers Up Unlimited In-Car Data
- New footage from NASA shows the Mars 2020 rover moving on its own six wheels for the very first time
Shed of the Week: Range Rover have 362 words, post on www.pistonheads.com at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.