PUBLISHED: 09:31 02 April 2018 | UPDATED: 09:45 02 April 2018
The overturned lorry on the M25. Picture: BCH Road Policing
Highways England is warning Easter travellers of major travel disruption after a lorry crashed into the central reservation on the M25 in Hertfordshire, resulting in carriageway closures.
The lorry has now been recovered after it crossed through the central reservation.
Three lanes out of four have re-opened clockwise between Junction 23 to Junction 25.
The anti-clockwise carriageway between Junction 25 to Junction 24 remains closed at this time.
Highways England estimates that the closure will be in place until at least 11am.
Highways England states: “The M25 in Hertfordshire is closed due to a serious collision involving an HGV which has crossed over the central reservation.
“Traffic heading anti-clockwise should follow the hollow square diversion symbol.
“Exit the M25 at J25 and take the 1st exit onto the A10 towards London.
“Follow to the Great Cambridge junction and then take the 3rd exit onto the A406 North Circular Road.
“Follow towards Brent Cross and then Henlys Corner and then bear right onto the A1 towards Mill Hill.
“Follow the A1 to Fiveways Corner and then take the 2nd exit towards Hatfield.
“Follow the A1 through Stirling Corner junction and then take the slip road to rejoin the M25 at J23 at South Mimms.
“Traffic heading clockwise should follow the hollow triangle diversion symbol and follow the above route but in reverse.
“Please allow extra time for your journey should you be travelling this morning.”
- NYC taxi strike ends after causing minor disruption
- Hollywood Escapes Major Disruption as Power Players Broker Last-Minute Deal to Delay Writers Firing Their Agents
- Woman killed in Dumfries and Galloway car and lorry crash
- Stuck gas pedal causes major Toyota recall of 2.3M vehicles
- Survey Finds Majority Of Autonomous Car Crashes In California Caused By Human Error
- 25 bodies identified from plane crash in Spain; cause still unclear
- Amtrak train crash was not caused by projectile object alone, transportation official says
- Electrocuted rat causes major Stockholm power outage
- Eight HPV types cause majority of cervical cancer cases: study
- ‘The Bachelorette’ premiere causes major reaction from viewers, one suitor already kicked-off