Facebook has starting rolling out augmented reality (AR) doodles and Instagram’s Boomerang feature to stories.
With a device’s camera, users will be able to create 3D drawings in the world around them, which come to life through AR.
The addition of Boomerang, meanwhile, will allow Facebook users to create the same kind of looping mini videos that are popular on sister app Instagram.
While over 250 million people use Instagram stories, Facebook stories have never been anywhere as near as popular.
Features like AR doodles and Boomerang seem to be part of a larger effort to help make Facebook stories more in line with what Instagram offers in order to drive user engagement — especially in light of its ongoing privacy scandal.
- Facebook Launches TikTok Rival Instagram Reels In U.S. & Over 50 Other Countries
- Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Google CEOs lay out antitrust defenses in remarks to Congress
- What is the new feature Instagram Reels and is it the same as TikTok?
- Instagram's TikTok copycat Reels is now available in the US
- Instagram adds TikTok-style feature ‘Reels’ TODAY – how to use it now
- Instagram takes on TikTok with launch of new 15-second video creator tool Reels in 50 countries - including the UK and the US
- Instagram Reels launches in the U.S. to lure you off TikTok
- With Instagram Reels, Facebook sets sights on TikTok users
- Everything we know about Reels, Instagram’s new TikTok clone
- Instagram Launches Reels to Rival TikTok
- Twitter adds labels to 'state-backed media and editors' as well as government accounts including the White House to 'increase transparency around political discourse'
- Facebook posts the next phase of its consumer marketing campaign ‘More Together’
- BE Exclusive: Facebook India's Avinash Pant on brand building during tough times
- Senators question Facebook over disinformation and hate speech
- New Instagram feature to bring voice notes on Threads app
- Viral Video Seemed to Show BLM Storming a Church. The Real Story is Much Darker
- Instagram launches Reels, its attempt to keep you off TikTok
- Nreal Light AR Glasses go on sale later this month in South Korea
Facebook adds AR drawings and Instagram’s Boomerang to stories have 331 words, post on mobilesyrup.com at April 13, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.