VANCOUVER, British Columbia–(BUSINESS WIRE)–March 28, 2018–
Having recently obtained a significant seed investment from Quark Venture Inc. through the Global Health Sciences Fund, ARTMS Products Inc. today announced the appointment of Dr. Kaley Wilson, PhD, as the interim Chief Executive Officer. To continue to solidify the company’s technology and prepare it for global commercialization, founder and former CEO, Dr. Paul Schaffer will become the Chief Technology Officer. In addition, ARTMS welcomes two new Board members, Ms. Kathryn Hayashi, CEO of TRIUMF Innovations, and Ms. Karimah Es Sabar, CEO and Partner, Quark Venture Inc. Founder Dr. Michael Cross will continue with the company as the Chief Operating Officer.
The change in management is part of the company’s growth and global commercialization strategy. ARTMS recently secured its first product orders, which includes strategic partnerships with Alliance Medical Group and GE Healthcare, opened new product lines to allow for the production of Tc-99m, Ga-68 and Cu-64, and secured a US$3 million seed investment.
Dr. Wilson, who also holds the role of Director of Business Development at Quark Venture Inc., joins ARTMS to help transition the company towards a new sales and expansion plan, utilizing her experience in technology start-up and management. Dr. Wilson said, “I am very excited to be joining the strong team of founding scientists at ARTMS. ARTMS is at the forefront of revolutionizing the availability of crucial medical isotopes by providing a safe, reliable and de-centralized method for production. I look forward to working with the founding team to transition ARTMS into a global leader in medical isotope production and supply.”
Dr. Schaffer, ARTMS’ new CTO continued, “I am excited to continue leading ARTMS’ future growth trajectory through our revolutionary technology. With the introduction of two new products that enable the production of key isotopes on today’s global cyclotron infrastructure, ARTMS is poised and already looking at new innovations that will further the company’s vision of enabling global access to cyclotron-produced medical isotopes, allowing patients to receive the healthcare they need, when and where they need it.”
Chairman of the Board, Steven Foster added, “I am extremely proud of the founding team and institutions who have been instrumental in building a solid foundation for the company. With the addition of Dr. Wilson as CEO and the strong commercial expertise that Ms. Es Sabar and Hayashi bring to the Board, ARTMS is now positioned to focus on its growth strategy and expansion into new global markets.”
As the newest appointment to the ARTMS Board, Karimah Es Sabar brings her vast experiences in multi-national and start-up pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies, not-for-profit organizations and venture investment firms. ARTMS stands to benefit from her leadership in marketing, business development, strategic alliances, global collaborations, public-private partnerships, and translation strategies in the life science sector.
Kathryn Hayashi has previously served on the board of several spin-off companies and brings extensive experience in not-for-profit organizations, public and private companies, start-ups, and commercialization accelerator/incubators. She has more than 25 years of industry experience in all areas of business operations, strategic planning, finance, and governance.
ARTMS Products Inc. is a leader in the development of novel technologies and products which enable the production of the world’s most-used diagnostic imaging isotope, technetium-99m (Tc-99m) using local, hospital-based medical cyclotrons. ARTMS holds the exclusive global commercialization rights to award-winning and proprietary Canadian inventions which address these challenges and offer the prospect of revolutionizing the nuclear medicine industry. Visit our website at www.artms.ca.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180328005062/en/
ARTMS Products Inc.[email protected]
- Howard County's Horizon Foundation Names New Board Members
- Women in Technology (WIT) Expands Board with Appointment of Six New Directors
- Cisco appoints AMD CEO Lisa Su to its board of directors
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans People in Business for Feb. 2, 2020
- Donald Tang On The Implosion Of Global Road: “I Take Responsibility”
- FG puts appointment of new NDDC board on hold – Buhari
- Exclusive: Mozilla CEO Eich says gay-marriage firestorm could hurt Firefox (Q&A)
- Diversity-Tilted? Goldman Sachs Won’t Work With Companies if Board is All White Straight Men
- New Renault boss faces a vertiginous uphill start
- Woolard to head UK markets watchdog on interim basis
- Boeing ousts CEO Dennis Muilenburg as 737 Max crisis drags on
- Grangemouth plant saved; UK economic growth at three-year high – as it happened
- Leading M&A Lawyer Adel Aslani-Far Joins Greenberg Traurig in New York
- AFCI Sets 2020 Board of Directors
- Cloudera customers hit brakes on renewals ahead of Cloudera Data Platform, CEO Reilly to retire
- Baton Rouge, New Orleans area People in Business for Jan. 26, 2020
- Wipro CEO Abidali Neemuchwala steps down, co looking for a successor
- Nyongo picks Edward Ouko to chair Kisumu lakefront board
ARTMS Appoints Interim CEO and Two New Board Members to Focus on Growth and Global Commercialization have 776 words, post on venturebeat.com at March 28, 2018. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.