Activists burned a 13-foot effigy of Donald Trump in a Hitler costume in protest at the US President’s visit to the Philippines. About a thousand protesters clashed with riot police in Manila on Monday outside the convention centre where the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) meetings were held. Several people were reportedly injured in the riot as police turned water cannons on protesters ahead of Donald Trump’s arrival. Carrying placards declaring “Dump Trump” and “Down with U.S. Imperialism”, the left-wing protesters were blocked by police in riot gear with shields and batons. A huge effigy of Trump, with a Hitler moustache and his limbs arranged in a swastika shape, was burned in the street. New Patriotic Alliance Secretary General, Renato Reyes, said: “We are protesting the upcoming bilateral meeting between U.S. President Donald Trump and Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte. “We believe that the meeting will not bring any benefits to the Filipino people. “It will rather worsen the human rights situation in the Philippines and drag the Philippines into various conflicts not in its interests or choosing.” The crowd was trying to reach U.S. embassy – but were showered with jets of water from a fire engine. After protesters… Read full this story
- Donald Trump’s Racist Midterm Pitch Is His 'Swing Around The Circle'
- How Fox News Covered A Glorious Night For Handsome Donald Trump’s Triumphant GOP
- L.A. Man Pleads No Contest To Destroying Donald Trump's Hollywood Star
- Donald Trump Asks About Lake Where One of His Golf Courses Is While Visiting Hurricane Florence Victims
- Donald Trump Is Lying a Lot Ahead of the Midterm Elections: Here Are His Biggest Lies
- Joe Biden decries Donald Trump's 'phony populism' in Youngstown campaign stop
- Why Donald Trump Is the Key to Paul Manafort's Defense
- Donald Trump Jr. Shares Nike Ad With President Replacing Colin Kaepernick on Instagram
- Donald Trump Returns to Arizona: Will It Be Calmer Than Last Time?
- Russia and Turkey Promise to Defy Donald Trump's Iran Sanctions
Protesters burn 'Donald Trump dressed as Adolf Hitler' at the stake as riots continue over US President's visit have 327 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 13, 2017. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.