Formula One legend Michael Schumacher drove this Ferrari F2001 to two of the three wins that helped him claim the 2001 Formula One world driver’s championship, and now it’s set another milestone. Its sale price of $7.5 million makes this the most expensive modern-era F1 car ever, according to Sotheby’s. Sotheby’s didn’t define “modern” when they made that claim, as Autoblog notes, but suffice to say that it’s in a different class than your ultra-rare, 1 of 1 surviving one-off early F1 racers that go for even more obscene amounts of cash. What’s particularly interesting is that this car was only expected to bring in around $4-5 million, per Autoblog. That would be closer to the price of the last ex-Schumacher car sold by Sotheby’s: one that was used in the 2004 season, and was a major success with a $3.2 million sale. If that one was a success, I don’t know—this is like a ridiculous cashsplosion in comparison. A portion of the proceeds to to Schumacher’s Keep Fighting charity, whose causes include road safety and head safety. The lucky buyer doesn’t just get the F2001 in racing condition to dominate every track event it ever goes to, but Ferrari… Read full this story
- The Modern Day Car: A Sophisticated High Tech Gadget
- The 2017 BMW M2 Is Exactly What You Want A Modern M Car To Be
- Travel Expenses Tax Allowances, Car Mileage Rates and Subsistence
- Modernize your car with car power adapter
- ABCs to Car Insurance On Line
- Why Do You Need Car Insurance
- Car Rental - The Simplest Solution to Moving About
- Valentino Rossi in a Ferrari at Last
- Michael Schumacher - 2006 Make Or Bust?
- Lewis Hamilton Wins His First F1 Drive
$7.5 Million Ex-Schumacher Ferrari Is The Most Expensive Modern F1 Car Ever have 294 words, post on jalopnik.com at November 17, 2017. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.