Chevrolet has taken the wraps off its fastest and most powerful production Corvette ever, the Corvette ZR1. General Motors chose the 2017 Dubai International Motor Show to unveil the last generation of the C7 generation Corvette.
The new Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is powered by an exclusive 6.2-litre supercharged V8 engine capable of 754bhp and 970Nm of torque and a top speed of more than 210mph (338kph). The previous ZR1 from 2009 left quite an impression with its 637bhp, eight years later, the Corvette team have extensively worked on a worthy successor.
The fourth-generation Corvette ZR1 features several more aggressive design cues compared to the Corvette Z06, including a more chiselled hood, more massive and lower air intakes grilles above a more obvious splitter and an extensive rear spoiler.
While a 7-speed manual gearbox will be standard, for the first time, the Corvette ZR1 will be offered with an optional 8-speed, paddle shift automatic gearbox.
Chevrolet is offering two aero packages: a standard rear Low Wing, which produces the highest top speed and improves up to 70 percent more downforce than the Z06’s base aero package.
The second package is a two-way-adjustable High Wing that allows maximum downforce on the track for the quickest lap times thanks to about 60 percent more downforce than the Z06 with an available Z07 performance package. Additionally, all models feature a first for Chevrolet – downforce-enhancing front underwing.
“As the highest-performing Corvette ever, the ZR1’s design supports its capability in every way,” said Kirk Bennion, exterior design manager on the car. “The new wings, for example, help generate more downforce without adding drag, enhancing road holding and top speed.”
Thanks to a new and more-efficient inter-cooled supercharger system that offers 52 percent more displacement compared to the Z06’s LT4 supercharger. The engine features GM’s first dual fuel injection system, which employs a primary direct injection and supplemental port injection.
The new Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is expected to go on sale mid-2018 in the US market.
Chevrolet feels they can surpass some of the fastest production cars with the Corvette ZR1. Well, on paper the performance figures suggest that the ZR1 will be the fastest, but we need to wait till we find out how it behaves on the road.
Trending On DriveSpark:
- Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Revealed — Fastest & Most Powerful Production Corvette Ever
- 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Debuts at 2019 Detroit Auto Show | Digital Trends
- 5G, foldable phones, and magic-like gestures will take center stage at MWC 2019
- Chevy Corvette ZR1 Leaked Prior To Dubai Debut [UPDATE]
- Long-gone 4-seat 1963 Chevrolet Corvette revealed in rare images
- Dealership Tech Caught Racing Customer's C8 Corvette At 148 MPH
- GM Releases Images Of Four-Seat Chevy Corvette That Never Happened
- Spy Video Hints Chevy Corvette Z06 C8 Has Magnesium Transmission Case
- 255-MPH 1988 Corvette Callaway SledgeHammer Is Up For Auction
- Wheelie-popping $105K Chevrolet COPO Camaro debuts ... but you can't drive it on the street
- Test drive: The 2021 Lexus IS 350 F Sport is the fastest ... selling sedan in America
- Chevrolet Camaro to be replaced by electric sedan, report says
- G.M. issues a new recall of Chevrolet Bolts over a battery fire hazard.
- SEMA 2017: Hennessy Venom F5 Revealed — Is This The Bugatti Chiron's Worst Nightmare?
- The World's Fastest Car To Go Faster 450km/h!
- Everything announced at the 2019 Apple Live Stream
- Bugatti Divo Production Ends — 40th Unit Of The Hypercar Rolls Off The Production Line
2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Revealed — Fastest & Most Powerful Production Corvette Ever have 772 words, post on www.drivespark.com at November 13, 2017. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.