New Delhi [India], Aug. 8 (ANI): The Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday filed an application in Delhi’s Patiala House Court seeking production of former INX media chairman Indrani Mukherjea in connection with the INX media case.
Earlier in May, an FIR was lodged against former Union minister P. Chidambaram’s son Karti, Indrani Mukherjea, unknown officers of FIPB Unit of Ministry of Finance and others over alleged financial misappropriation over Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance to Peter Mukherjea and Indrani’s media company INX Media in 2008.
INX Media operated channels like NewsX, 9X and 9X Music.
The charges include criminal conspiracy, cheating, taking gratification in order by corrupt or illegal means to influence public servant and criminal misconduct.
The case was registered under section 120-B r/w, section 420, section 8 and sextion 13(2) r/w and 13 (1) (d) of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
It is alleged that while the clearance was only for Rs. 4 crore, the actual foreign investment was much higher, and this was allowed because Karti allegedly facilitated the deal. The CBI is also investigating a money trail and the bribe allegedly given to Karti.
According to reports, in 2008, Karti’s Advantage Strategic Consulting Private Limited (ASCPL) allegedly received Rs. 35 Lakhs from INX Media, on the same day another Rs.60 lakh was allegedly paid from INX Media to Northstar Software Solutions Pvt Ltd. On September 24, 2008, another tranche of 20,000 Dollars were allegedly paid to ASCPL’s Singapore subsidiary by INX Media.
The involvement of P. Chidambaram is also being investigated, since he was a Union Minister then.
Indrani, accused in her daughter Sheena Bora’s murder case, is currently lodged in the Byculla prison. (ANI)
This story has not been edited. It has been published as provided by ANI
- Delhi Court refuses bail to Malvinder Mohan Singh
- Mehul Choksi moves Delhi high court against Netflix documentary
- 2G case: A chronology of events
- Sushant Singh Rajput death case: CBI files submission in SC, says no question of transfer to Mumbai
- SC frames questions in Prashant Bhushan contempt case of 2009
- ED sought freezing of bank accounts of J K Tyre & 8 others under PMLA
- 'When ur owned you dont get a choice': Fox News anchor Ed Henry's explicit texts to employee he 'raped' are revealed as her lawyer blasts his attorney for victim-shaming saying Weinstein's trial proved it's a myth victims would not message their attackers
- Sushant Singh Rajput Death Case: A Timeline
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death: CBI opposes Bihar Police in SC, urges court to let it probe case along with ED
- See You in Court, Michigan. The Tampon Tax Is Discrimination | Opinion
- Trump seeks to starve post office to limit mail-in voting
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Death: Supreme Court To Give Verdict On CBI Probe Into Actor's Death Today
- Are social media platforms the arbiters of truth?
- Coronavirus live updates: 3 Bay Area counties seek waivers allowing grade school kids back in classrooms
- Coronavirus live updates: California becomes first state to exceed 600,000 cases
- Under the eye of the dragon: How the reality of modern China is every face and every move tracked, 'wrong' political thoughts punished and all citizens' lives controlled by the State, by KAI STRITTMATTER
- I decided to divorce Amber Heard when she defecated in our bed: Johnny Depp calls his ex-wife a 'narcissistic sociopath' who attacked HIM and denies ever hitting her at blockbuster libel court showdown
- SC orders CBI probe into death of Sushant Singh Rajput
INX media case: ED moves Delhi Court seeking production of Indrani Mukherjea have 551 words, post on news.abplive.com at August 8, 2017. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.