It was heartbreak in Assen, Netherlands for Dutch rider Bo Bendsneyder as his 10th place finish was given a DNF. A last lap kurfuffle with another rider on the final chicane resulted in Bensneyder being ejected from his bike as he slid across the finish line. Apparently this is against the rules. Lame.
Bendsneyder was in the front pack for most of the Motul TT at Assen’s 22-lap race. A quick glance at the official lap results shows that the lead pack of 10 riders had less than a second between tenth and first place. And as the video shows, every one of those riders was fighting for points.
For Round eight, Bo was the only other Dutch rider in the field as wildcard Dutch rider Ryan Van de Lagemaat dropped out around lap two. The pressure was on for the 18-year old to bring a little national pride with a strong finish.
Unfortunately, all was for naught, as although Bendsneyder and his bike slid across the finish line, he was handed a DNF for the race for not being in contact with his bike. MotoGP made that clear over Twitter:
But the Dutch are a friendly people and recognized the effort of the young rider as many sent their warm regards, words of encouragement, and well wishes on his next race in Germany on twitter.
Currently Bendsneyder is 17th in points and has a lot of catching up to do in the next 10 rounds. But with a points available for riders up to 15th place and a first place finish garnering a whopping 25 points, the pecking order of standings is still in the air.
- Joe Gibbs Racing’s Xfinity teams look to rebound in Texas
- Silverstone MotoGP 2019: A race that will define a halcyon age
- Thailand Moto3: Di Giannantonio wins madcap Buriram race
- Jerez Moto2: Baldassarri wins race shortened by pile-up
- NHRA ‘C19 Club’: COVID-19 brought them together and back to racing
- Barcelona Moto3: Bastianini wins as Martin crashes from lead
- BMW Motorrad India launches new S 1000 XR Pro at Rs 20.90 lakh
- Motorsport.com's Top 20 bike racers of 2019: Who missed out
- Styrian GP driver ratings
- Here is how Cole Custer scored his first NASCAR Cup victory
- Rob Gronkowski learns how truly painful it is to give birth while also driving monster trucks on Game On!
- How low can Donald Trump go?
- The garden toys EVERY family needs: From a badminton set to a unicorn sprinkler, FEMAIL reveals the best buys to keep kids entertained if a summer holiday isn't on the cards (and prices start at just £12)
- Lewis Hamilton wins Styrian Grand Prix from pole to flag
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: July 6-7
- 2020 BMW S 1000 XR Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 20.90 Lakh
- Coronavirus live updates: United could furlough 36,000, Bay Area accounts for 1 in 6 airline employees
- Honda reveals new WSBK model, confirms Haslam
Motorcycle Race Hits Rider With DNF For Sliding Across Finish Line On His Tummy have 465 words, post on jalopnik.com at June 24, 2017. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.