During the Moto3 race at the MotoGP World Championship’s French Grand Prix over the weekend, it was almost like some sort of weird, hypnotic spell had been put on the field. As if prompted, a huge group of riders began solo slides into a gravel trap along the race course in an almost surreal fashion.
According to Motorsport, earlier contact left rider Adam Norrodin’s bike leaking oil around the Le Mans circuit in France. When the rest of the field came around and hit that oil with 23 laps to go, well, the result was a mega-wreck that looked more like an artistic animation than a scene from a race broadcast.
The race went under red flag for cleanup, and officials shortened the race to 16 laps total. The MotoGP race recap said all riders were cleared to come back out for the restart, but the results classified Norrodin as “not starting.”
Seven other riders wound up near Norrodin in the “not classified” category after things restarted, and Joan Mir wound up winning the race over fellow Honda riders Aron Canet and Fabio Di Giannantonio.
Thanks for the tip, Dan!
- Lorenzo moet GP Thailand waarschijnlijk missen na "angstaanjagende" crash
- John Patrick Shanley on Returning to Irish Roots With 'Wild Mountain Thyme'
- Exploit for wormable BlueKeep Windows bug released into the wild
- Tested: Do Banana Peels Cause Car Crashes Like In Mario Kart?
- Sigourney Weaver on Alien: Isolation – 'It's going to be wild'
- Lorenzo: "Niemand kan zeggen dat ik het niet geprobeerd heb"
- Rossi en Marquez bakkeleien in Misano, geen straf uitgedeeld
- Moto2-rijder Mir tekent voorcontract bij Honda
- Lorenzo stelt beslissing over deelname in Sepang uit
- Brave White Girl Doesn’t Limit Herself to Being Racist Just One Way, Kicked Out of Sorority for Blackface
- Taylor Swift Confirms New Music Is Coming, But That Doesn’t Fully Explain the Chickens in Sunglasses
- Dan Osborne admits he doesn’t know if he’ll stay married to Jacqueline Jossa but insists he’s never cheated and says he feels suicidal
- The best PS1 games of all time
- Celebrity deaths in 2019: Famous faces lost this year from Peter Fonda to Toni Morrison
- Emily Dickinson Didn’t Really Get High on Opium at a House Party, Right?
- The lure of illustrated children's books
- Every Movie and TV Show Available at Disney+ Launch Revealed
- The Oral History of ‘San Junipero’
This MotoGP Crash Is So Wild It Doesn't Seem Real have 381 words, post on jalopnik.com at May 20, 2017. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.