A photo allegedly showing the Type R’s window sticker looks to be the real deal.
Honda hasn’t made an official announcement yet on pricing for U.S. variants of its ultra-hot Civic Type R, but folks over at CivicX.com have a tip in the form of what appears to be a legitimate window sticker with a base price of $33,900. The sticker shows no optional items and lists an $875 “destination and handling” charge as the only add-on, for a total vehicle price of $34,775.
That falls nearly dead-on with estimates in the mid-$30,000 range, which some might consider a hefty amount for Honda Civic. That same amount could get you into a two-year old BMW M235 coupe with a factory warranty, but the Bimmer doesn’t lap the Nurburgring in 7 minutes 43 seconds, which is the current track record for front-wheel drive vehicles held by the Type R.
For that fact, the Type R outperforms all sorts of hefty rear-wheel drive performance machines at the ‘ring, not to mention all-wheel drive hot hatch competition from the Ford Focus RS and Volkswagen Golf R. It also undercuts both on price, checking in over $2,000 less than the Ford and a whopping $5,550 less than the VeeDub. Admittedly you won’t find a drift button in the Type R, but in the world of hyper hot hatchbacks the Civic delivers on both performance and price. That makes it the bargain of the bunch.
Still, there are rumors that Honda is concerned over sticker shock for a mid-$30,000 Civic. Word is the manufacturer will offer a base model for 2018 that could knock a bit more off the price. Or, there’s always the Honda Civic Si which loves to dance and checks in a full $10,000 less than its big brother. Yes, the Si has considerably less horsepower, but after having a go behind the wheel we’re convinced it doesn’t need prolific ponies to be a truly entertaining machine.
Look for the Civic Type R to hit dealerships very soon.
Gallery: 2017 Honda Civic Type R (Production Spec)
- 2021 Honda Insight Adds More Standard Safety Kit On Higher Trims
- Euro NCAP compares 1990s Rover crash test with recent Honda Jazz
- 2020 Honda Insight Updated With New Features; Likely Will Make Way To Upcoming India-Spec Model
- Russian State Arms Exporter to Meet Over 70 Foreign Delegations at Army-2017
- BS4 Honda Car Discounts: Offers & Deals Up To Rs 1.25 Lakh on Honda City, Amaze, WR-V, BR-V, Jazz & Civic
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India launches new Dio scooter priced at 49,132
- Honda CBR250R To Be Discontinued From April 2020
- Honda CR-V: ‘If you are after a decent family SUV, this is a no-brainer’
- Honda Announces Service Campaign For Activa 125, Activa 6G, And Dio Models
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Achieves 5.5Lakh BS6 Units Sales: New Milestone Crossed
- ‘It’s a powder keg’: Staff at Laguna Honda, SF’s largest nursing home, brace for coronavirus
- Honda CTX700 review
- 2020 Honda WRV Facelift BS6 Petrol Variant Specifications Leaked Ahead of India Launch
- 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid first drive review: Fashionably late
- 2020 Honda CBR250RR Details Revealed; Gets More Power And Features
- Honda CT 125 Hunter Cub Details Revealed
- Elon Musk promises to start building ventilators to fill the shortage - even though his factories are facing closure
- Coronavirus outbreak: Mumbai civic body tracks 1,200 home quarantined
2017 Honda Civic Type R To Start At $33,900 in the U.S.? have 647 words, post on www.motor1.com at May 31, 2017. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.