It was awfully hard not to be impressed by 24-year old motocross biker Kyle Katsandris, who wowed the internet (the police, not so much) by jumping over the 60 freeway in Riverside County, California last month. Unfortunately, Katsandris pulled another jump stunt this weekend, and it didn’t go well. At all.
The Ventura County Star reports that authorities have confirmed a motorcycle rider who was critically injured trying to jump some railroad tracks in Simi Valley on Sunday was, in fact, Katsandris.
The exact details of this jump aren’t known, although the newspaper notes it happened on private property around 3 p.m. Sunday. After a crash, Katsandris was taken to an area hospital in critical condition; police do not anticipate filing any charges.
A police commander told the LA Times that the stunt may have involved a moving train, but details are scant. It’s not clear if any video exists of the stunt attempt. But friends told the paper that when he recovers, he’ll be back to it again:
Kenny Dawkins, a friend of Katsandris’, said the media has made the motocross rider appear as though he was “some kind of irresponsible outlaw who is risking the lives of others while attempting his jumps.”
“Truth is, the only person who’s life is at risk is Kats himself, said Dawkins, who prints and makes shirts for Katsandris.
He said Katsandris is a skilled motocross rider, but “sometimes even the best riders have accidents, and that’s what happened Sunday to Kats.”
“Kats is a tough kid and he will recover from these injuries and be back to doing what he lives to do: free ride,” Dawkins said.
I hope he knows when to call it quits.
- Northern California Wildfire Becomes The Most Destructive In State History
- California's Largest Wildfire On Record Is Finally 100% Contained
- 1 Dead, 3 Injured In Rollover Crash Along U.S. 101 In Sonoma Co.
- Los Lobos: The World of Their Fathers
- Sonoma-Marin train line debuts Larkspur station and easier trips to and from city
- Racing! Tough day at Los Alamitos
- Celebrity deaths in 2019: Famous faces lost this year from Gary Rhodes to Toni Morrison
- The Democrats' family feud: Insults fly as the top 10 candidates go head-to-head for the first time with Joe Biden targeted for his age, bitter disputes over healthcare and candidates wrestling over who is the TRUE heir to Obama
- How the humble streetlight can make Los Angeles a better city
- Hearing Loss Is a Soldier’s Dire Enemy
- Racing! Happy holidays to everyone
- Steven Soderbergh Looks Back At ‘The Limey,’ His Personal “Vortex Of Terror”
- Meet the people who still use Myspace: 'It's given me so much joy'
- One Piece Reveals Zoro's Surprising Sword Swap Decision
- How Louie Anderson Became Zach Galifianakis’s Mom
- Meet the weather wizard of Lake Tahoe
- Four Things No One Tells You About Startup Culture
- DIY in Crisis: Has Oakland’s Ghost Ship Fire Jeopardized the Underground?
Rider In Insane California Freeway Jump Critically Injured In Another Stunt have 475 words, post on jalopnik.com at April 4, 2017. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.