No matter which car loses, we’re all still winners. Chrysler’s winged warriors from the golden age of NASCAR are nothing if not visually striking. The aero advantage seem obvious compared to the standard Dodge Charger and Plymouth Road Runner on which they were based, never mind the Torino Talladega – Ford’s NASCAR competitor that was actually quite aero for the day but still looked like a brick next to the sculpted Mopar twins. Of course, the radical exterior treatments weren’t just for show – the Dodge Charger Daytona was the first NASCAR to break 200 miles per hour. The Daytona and Superbird were so dominant on the racing circuit that NASCAR ended up rewriting the rules to outlaw them.There’s no question the aero packages made a difference, but how much? The folks at Autofocus decided to find out, so they managed to track down a pair of 1969 Chargers and corralled them at a wind tunnel for some proper scientific testing. Aside from exploring the differences between the standard Charger and the winged Daytona, a brand new Charger Hellcat was thrown into the mix to see how new-school would fare against old-school. Check out: 9 Facts About The Daytona 500 To Impress… Read full this story
- Wheels within reels: the evolution of cars on the big screen
- Doom Eternal Super Gore Nest: Mission 5 Walkthrough And Tips
- Doom Eternal Marauder Guide: How To Take Down The Game's Toughest Enemy
- Doom Eternal Marauder Boss Guide: How To Take Down The Game's Toughest Enemy
- Doom Eternal Marauder Boss Guide: How To Beat The Game's Toughest Enemy
- Doom Eternal Marauder Boss Guide: How To Kill The Game's Toughest Enemy
- NFL free agency 2020: Winners and losers from Day 2 of the legal tampering period
- Final Fantasy 7 Pre-Order Bonuses, Special Editions, And Release Date (PS4)
- Resident Evil 3 Demo And RE Resistance Beta Now Available For Download
- What Island Name Are You Using For Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
Wind Tunnel Battle: 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Vs 2016 Charger Hellcat have 312 words, post on www.motor1.com at March 21, 2017. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.