NEW YORK: Tiger Woods still feels he has a chance to compete for a fifth Masters triumph in two weeks but his back remains an issue, the golfer said on Monday (Mar 20). The 14-time major champion has not played since withdrawing from last month’s Dubai Desert Classic with ongoing back spasms. Woods is promoting a new book about his first triumph at Augusta in 1997 and when asked on television’s Good Morning America show if he would compete at the National this year he said, “God, I hope so. I’m trying. I’m trying everything I can do to be able to get back and play. I love that event. It has meant so much to me in my life.” Woods said while his spirit is willing, his body remains an issue when it comes to being able to train well enough to prepare for the rigors of four rounds at a major event, something he has done only twice since the 2013 PGA Championship. “I know that the mind is sharp, I just need to get the body willing to do it,” Woods said. “That’s the hard part is getting the prep time in.” Woods became the first black… Read full this story
- Tiger Woods Golf Techniques
- Tiger Woods - Taking Back The Masters In 2007?
- Can Mickelson Cage Tiger?
- Master The Down Swing And Stop Slicing
- Ratings and Ranking Golfers
- PGA Tour Preview -- Deutsche Bank Classic
- How to Play Fearless Golf? Try These "Secret" Strategies and Never Be Scared Again!
- The Law of Attraction and the Armchair Golf Coach
- Golf Lessons From A Beginning Golfer?
- Improve Your Golf Game on the Back Nine
Tiger Woods 'trying everything' to play at Masters have 272 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at March 21, 2017. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.