DALLAS — With his team’s playoff odds shrinking, Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle is quickly transitioning into experimentation mode with a young and fluid roster to get a head start on next season. He put together a starting lineup Thursday night that included deadline acquisition Nerlens Noel at center and Seth Curry, who earned his way into the starting lineup as a shooting guard, at point guard. The lineup paid immediate dividends in a 97-95 victory over a Los Angeles Clippers team that had plenty to play for as it tries to catch the No. 4-seed Utah Jazz. Curry led all scorers with 23 points and Noel had eight points and 12 rebounds matched against Clippers center DeAndre Jordan. Afterward, Carlisle said he plans to give Curry, the younger brother of Golden State Warriors superstar Steph Curry, an extended look at point guard, where undrafted rookie Yogi Ferrell had unseated veteran Deron Williams. It’s likely Noel could also remain in the starting lineup Saturday night when the Mavericks (31-40) face the Toronto Raptors’ big front line in the third game of a four-game homestand. “We’re going to give this a look. I don’t know how many games it’s going to… Read full this story
- F1: Check out video as Max Verstappen completes Red Bull’s “Road Trip USA”
- The 50 Most Delicious Things to Eat On an American Road Trip
- Bundesstrasse 3 road trip aboard a BMW 2002 in Mint Green
- MINI Drivers Begin 3,123 Mile Road Trip In MINI Takes The States
- NBA roundup: Leonard, Raptors ends Heat’s win streak
- Kevin Durant injury update: Warriors expect star forward back at some point during team's upcoming road trip
- Giannis Antetokounmpo injury update: Bucks optimistic MVP candidate returns during current road trip
- 2017 Mini Clubman S All4 Update 5: The Great American Road Trip
- Warriors-Spurs cheatsheet: Can the Warriors salvage their road trip in San Antonio?
- Ultimate Challenger Road Trip: Day 7 – Turin to Clermont
Raptors end brief road trip by visiting Mavericks (Mar 25, 2017) have 314 words, post on www.foxsports.com at March 24, 2017. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.