Bac Ninh (VNA) – Work to restore Cao Lo Vuong Temple in the northern Bac Ninh province has been officially launched.
The project involves the restoration and embellishment of the Cao Lo Vuong cultural and historical relic. The 42-billion-VND (2 million USD) project is divided into three contract packages.
Launched on January 25, with nearly 27 billion VND (1.3 million USD) provided by Bac Ninh’s Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the first contract package is managed by the Duy Linh Restoration and Construction Joint Stock Company.
During the restoration work, the original structure of the temple will be preserved, while the damaged sections will be replaced by using new materials such as iron wood. Some sections will be rebuilt, such as the place for votive paper burning, sanitary area, department for temple janitor and the kitchen.
According to Tran Quang Nam, the director of the local Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the Cao Lo Vuong Temple and tomb is a typical relic with high historical and cultural values.
The relic is also proof of Vietnam’s tradition of paying tribute to ancestors, which contributes to reinforcing national solidarity.
Legend says Cao Lo, a Vietnamese weaponry engineer and minister under King An Duong Vuong from 257 to 207BC, was born in Cao Duc commune in Bac Ninh. He is credited with building the Co Loa ramparts and helping the king to build a crossbow, which he christened “Saintly Crossbow of the Supernaturally Golden Claw”, to fight northern invaders.
To pay tribute to the talented general, the local people constructed his temple and tomb in Cao Duc commune in Bac Ninh.
The temple has been restored a couple of times, but its original structure and designs have been preserved.
It was recognised as a national cultural and historical relic on March 8, 2006.-VNA
- Israeli police escort Jewish visitors to Temple Mount
- Hanoi’s ancient folk heritage to be restored
- Clues to a Hidden Temple in India Lead Bus Driver to Ancient Ruins in the Middle of Bangalore
- India's Narendra Modi lays foundation stone at divisive Ayodhya temple despite rise in coronavirus cases
- Downgraded Hue temple recalls era of Nguyen Dynasty ancestor worship
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple-Gyanvapi Mosque Complex Case: Here's A Timeline of Events
- Missouri House passes 20-week abortion ban
- Debate Over Homeless Camping Ban Heating Up In Aurora
- Vietnamese ancient costumes regain their place in modern life
- Israeli archaeologists unearth ancient sarcophagi with mystic symbols protecting the soul
- Munich bans alcohol on Oktoberfest grounds due to coronavirus
- Japan: Buddhist Temple Covers Goddess Statue with 77-Pound Mask
- Rajasthan to begin e-auction to mine sandstone for Ram temple
- Excavation work begins in royal palace for conservation
- Ancient electric cars meet modern EVs at Amelia Island show
- How a university got itself banned from the Linux kernel
- Texas Bill Banning Tenets of Critical Race Theory and Action Civics Sent to Governor
- The Latest: EU threatens AstraZeneca with export ban
Bản in : Ancient temple's restoration begins have 463 words, post on at February 10, 2017. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.