The first day of practice at this year’s MalaysianGP did not go great for British rider Sam Lowes, who wiped out in turn 14, got back on the track and immediately got wrecked up by another rider. The guy was just not meant to get around that corner.
MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 racers ran two days of “free practice” at the Sepang International Circuit leading up to Round 17 of this year’s MotoGP championship, which will go down at the track on Oct. 30.
Lowes did not place in this practice session, with a best lap of 2:28.207, but he got back on the horse (again) the next day and was the ninth-fastest Moto2 rider on the second free practice day with a 2:09.802 lap according to Crash.net.
I’m no professional racer, but Lowes’ re-entry to the race track after crashing here looks a little wonky to me. He doesn’t seem to check for inbound traffic at all as he casually gets back up to speed mid-turn before being wiped out by Johann Zarco, who’s already crashing himself as he comes into frame. Though Zarco’s crash could be the result of him panicking upon seeing a slow-moving motorcyclist in his path.
Interestingly, Lowes and Zarco seem to have history together—Zarco also wrecked Lowes last month at another race in England. The Daily Star indicates Lowes wasn’t too happy about it, and I doubt this incident did much to improve their friendship.
Autosport reports that Zarco won the Moto2 race on Sunday and and secured the championship title, while the Moto2 race standings list Lowes as unclassified and 18 laps down. According to the beIN website, that finish was due to another wipeout early on.
- Destiny 2 reveals next big event, called the Solstice of Heroes
- Keanu Reeves, 55, started dating Alexandra Grant, 46, 'earlier this year' after being friends for a decade... as unearthed pictures of the couple emerge
- Rob Kardashian's new flame Aileen Gisselle puts on a busty display in LA... just days after their first date
- Rob Kardashian is spotted enjoying romantic dinner date with Instagram star Aileen Gisselle
- Chris Hughes goes shirtless as he enjoys the single life during sunshine break in Ibiza... after ex Jesy Nelson 'moves on' with actor Sean Sagar
- Leigh-Anne Pinnock goes glam in a patterned gown as she puts on loved-up display with fiancé Andre Grey during romantic date night in Mykonos
- Kylie Jenner goes TOPLESS in hat and veil for smoldering new shoot... after celebrating 23rd birthday
- Coles and Woolworths announce new curfew trading hours in Melbourne as city goes into lockdown
- Disha Salian's Dance Video Shot 2 Days Before Her Death Goes Viral!
- Bobbi Brown reveals Meghan Markle casually told her she'd 'started dating a fellow from the UK' during 2016 shoot - as the beauty pro recalls seeing the 'sweet' couple together for the first time
- Frankie Bridge and husband Wayne 'don't like getting dressed up' so never have 'posh' date nights... as she reveals planning his upcoming 40th has been stressful in lockdown
- Taylor Zakhar Perez denies dating his Kissing Booth 2 co-star and pal Joey King: 'I love her dearly'
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires David Freyne’s LGBTQ+ Teen Comedy ‘Dating Amber’
- Rosa Parks's handwritten letter about Martin Luther King Jr. goes up for sale
- Chad Johnson goes house hunting with Hulk Hogan's son after talks of starting up his own Las Vegas 'porn palace'
- Kelly Brook goes for rustic chic in a fedora hat, green silk blouse and flowing floral skirt as she heads into Heart radio
- Mother goes to extreme measures to stop her 'gentle' Staffy named Sarge being put down after he escaped her backyard and attacked a dog
- The pre-marriage checklist: Twitter user goes viral after sharing the 20 essential issues that all couples should discuss before tying the knot, from kids and religion to dying wishes
Motorcyclist Goes On Two Dates With Destiny have 624 words, post on jalopnik.com at October 29, 2016. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.