One of just 26 examples ever produced. Morgan has a history of doing things differently, and its 1964 Plus 4 Plus is a perfect reflection of that. Only 26 examples were ever produced, and for its day, it was considered one of the most progressively engineered cars on the market. Now, it’s heading to auction at RM Sotheby’s.The car pictured here is number five of 26 – chassis A5558. It wears a stunning two-tone black and red paint job, and has had five owners since new. It’s garnered a number of accolades, including a mainstay feature in Classic & Sports Car Magazine, June 2015. Under the hood is a 105-horsepower (78 kilowatt) engine paired to a four-speed manual synchromesh transmission. The exterior is constructed of fiberglass, one of the earliest British road cars to use the lightweight material exclusively, and the suspension is an independent front-coil spring, paired with a solid rear axle. Destined for Vancouver, British Colombia, when it left the U.K. in 1964, this example features a number of North American-specific options; wire wheels, disc brakes, and a wood-rimmed steering wheel. The factory black and red leather interior remains as well. Originally owned by George “G.B.” Sterne – also known as “Mister Morgan” – he would remain in possession of the… Read full this story
- Rowan Atkinson’s Rare Land Rover Defender Up For Auction
- New London mayor could face a legal challenge after election day blunder by Tory-run council saw furious voters turned away from polling stations
- How brutal foreign gangs have carved up London fuelled by cocaine epidemic
- Disney Plus: Global launch dates and everything else to know
- Disney Plus: Worldwide launch dates and everything else to know
- Grammy Awards 2020: Mollie King turns heads in a plunging gold dress with a soaring thigh slit as she makes a surprise appearance on the red carpet
- 'She is clearly performing through immense pain but her ability to innovate is incredible': Madonna returns to the London stage to a triumphant reaction from fans and critics after cancelling ten Madame X tour dates due to injury
- EXCLUSIVE: The oligarchs' lawyer who knows Meghan and Harry's closest-held secret: London attorney for mystery owner of their Canadian mansion works for string of Russians - and Elton John and Kylie Minogue have been clients
- Five Burning Questions: Billboard Staffers Discuss Selena Gomez's Narrow No. 1 Debut For 'Rare' Album
- A manifesto for London at 10 million: 'Give its citizens the freedom to live well'
Rare 1964 Morgan Plus 4 Plus heading to auction in London have 407 words, post on www.motor1.com at August 23, 2016. This is cached page on Auto Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.