We have to admit we were a tad confused when looking at the teaser image released by Mitsubishi of a new concept slated to debut at the Indonesian Auto Show. That's because the "small crossover MPV" as it's being billed by Mitsu appears to be almost identical to the eX concept introduced last year in Tokyo. To further enhance the confusion between the two, the concepts are wearing the same striking yellow paint scheme.
There are a few differences, though. The Indonesia-bound concept gets a set of roof rails and has reshaped wheel arches while at the back it seems to be carrying taillights that extend upwards on the pillar. The side cameras serving as a substitute for the conventional mirrors have been repositioned and most likely there are some other changes that we can't notice in this darkened teaser image.
On the left we have the eX while on the right it’s the new concept.
Although it's going to be a small crossover/MPV like the eX concept before it, Mitsubishi says the cabin will be roomy enough to host up to seven people. Details about the powertrain have not been disclosed, but we won't be too surprised if the yet-nameless vehicle has a pure electric AWD setup sourced from last year's concept.
We will have all the details and a complete photo gallery on August 11 when the concept will be unveiled at the 2016 Indonesian Auto Show.
- The Mandalorian director Jon Favreau shares photo of a young Yoda type creature in a suit to tease the next installment of the Star Wars series
- The 100 best films of the decade (so far), #51-100
- Skoda Kodiaq Scout debuts with rugged looks, standard AWD
- Comic Book Reviews for This Week: 11/20/2019
- From EVs with organic interiors to 600-hp SUVs, the 2019 LA Auto Show had it all
- Noah Hawley Is Hearing Voices
- Slimer’s back! In juice form: 7 pop-culture tie-ins that outlived their inspirations
Mitsubishi small crossover MPV concept teased for Indonesian world premiere have 345 words, post on www.motor1.com at July 21, 2016. This is cached page on Auto News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.