A University of Maryland neuropsychiatrist is launching a Baltimore beverage company called Kole Life Foods that makes drinks that are designed to improve energy and wellness.
The company, headquartered at the [email protected]UMBC Research and Technology Park at the University of Maryland Baltimore County, was started by Dr. Bankole Johnson, a University of Maryland School of Medicine professor and expert in psychopharmacology. The company expects to hire 75 people in Baltimore in the next year, including sales assistants and logistics personnel.
To create the line of energy and wellness drinks, Johnson researched the way amino acids, nootropics, trace elements and vitamins promote health in the brain.
“Certain naturally-occurring nutrients, when applied correctly, can be used to enhance certain desired functions of the brain,” Johnson says on the company’s website.
Beverages come in four flavors, Inspire, designed to promote focus and attention; Happy, a mood booster; Dreams, which promotes a restful sleep; and Ignite, designed to improve libido. Kole Life drinks will be sold through kolelifefoods.com and Amazon.com for $3 a bottle. The products are made in California.
At the university’s school of medicine, Johnson serves as chair of the Department of Psychiatry, professor of pharmacology and professor of anatomy & neurobiology, and director of the Brain Science Research Consortium Unit. Last year, he was appointed to the Maryland Heroin and Opioid Emergency Task Force.
- Food and beverage expo brings high spirits to HCM City
- Childhood music lessons may provide lifelong boost in brain functioning: study
- ABB launches Food and Beverage Customer Day
- Meet food and beverage companies from over 40 countries at THAIFEX
- Food and beverage sector expected to grow further
- Food and beverage giant Masan reports record first quarter earnings
- Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An enlists top-class French food and beverage director
- Opportunities for food and beverage businesses boost trade
- Food and beverage industry developing
- Emerging technologies at the forefront of food and beverage sector